02 wrx shift knob

This is a discussion on 02 wrx shift knob within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Yes, i'm a newbie. In every other car I've owned the shift knob just screwed off, but in my wrx ...

02 wrx shift knob

Yes, i'm a newbie. In every other car I've owned the shift knob just screwed off, but in my wrx it comes off with the leather boot still attached to it.

So, how do I detach the boot? and will I be able to attach it to a different shift knob?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My Wrx shift knob comes off as well with the boot, but its just like a socket there is a little lip on the end of the knob that just pops in and out of the leather boot. This is of course if the 02 and 04 are the same type of boot and knob. Just pull the knob on an angle and it should just pop right out. Good luck
    BlobEye Syndicate #-666
    Stage II 04' WRX Black (Performance Race Solutions Tuned 310whp)
    "its never enough"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Gancherov View Post
    Yes, i'm a newbie. In every other car I've owned the shift knob just screwed off, but in my wrx it comes off with the leather boot still attached to it.

So, how do I detach the boot? and will I be able to attach it to a different shift knob?
    Buy a shift knob that is specifically designed for the WRX shift boot. Kartboy,Subaru Momo, Latheworks.........

Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S