Center console and trunk organization
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Center console and trunk organization within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an '09 WRX sedan and am always annoyed that the center console and the trunk are essentially just ...

Center console and trunk organization

I have an '09 WRX sedan and am always annoyed that the center console and the trunk are essentially just boxes--no compartments or places to secure things.

I searched and couldn't find anything on center console organization. It would be nice to have spots in the center console for spare change at the very least. Some additional spots to put things would be a bonus.

As for the trunk, a couple of people recommended using the wagon cargo nets for older model WRX trunks. I'm not sure if there are nets out there that will work well with the new WRXs, though. I've also seen the trunk organizers that are sold at Walmart, but they look kind of crappy.

Finally, there aren't any points to hook into with bungee cords in the trunk, either. I mean, come one! I doubt there's much that can be done about this without a fair amount of work involved, but if anybody has a miracle fix, I'm all ears.

I'm interested to hear what anyone has done about these problems before I spend too much time and money trying to figure them out for myself. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

CEO
    The trunk on my 07 WRX seems pretty darn useless. A cargo net or something would be kind of nice. Wanna here a story about me being dumb?

The other day I had to go to band practice, and I decided having some wine with my song sounded pretty good. I corked an already open bottle and put it in the trunk in a bucket which I figured would be enough to keep it from tipping over. WRONG. Red wine all over my trunk carpet. Luckily I got some random stuff off the shelf at Meijer and it worked AWESOME. No smells or stains left at all.

Boo to lack of restraints in the trunk, yey to random off-the-shelf meijer auto carpet cleaner! And a good lesson learned.

I've had all manner of things fall out of bags and get thrown about my trunk. Luckily nothing has spilled out and stained it, though.

I went to Advanced Auto to check out what they had as far as trunk and center console organizers went and was pretty unimpressed. The search continues!

I gotta another funny story for ya no stained carpets though. I picked up a spare 225/45/ZR17 for my 02 wrx just in case of tire failure just to have it fast cause i dont like riding on the donuts for long. so I threw it in my trunk and forgot to take it out later that week i went to the grocery store and walked out with a bunch of bags opened my trunk and saw i still had the tire. Long story short that tire held everything great no complaints. lol

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.