Aftermarket vs Subaru heated seats in 2009 WRX

This is a discussion on Aftermarket vs Subaru heated seats in 2009 WRX within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I got the base model 09 rex (wasn't interested in their stereo or sunroof). I live in Minnesota and it ...

Aftermarket vs Subaru heated seats in 2009 WRX

I got the base model 09 rex (wasn't interested in their stereo or sunroof). I live in Minnesota and it gets cold here! I want heated seats. What would be my best option? Would getting aftermarket seats void the electrical warrenty? Is it that much cheaper than buying subarus heated seats? I really have no idea how much either would cost. Any comments? Thank you in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Should have went with the Premium's cold weather package . My butt will be nice and toasty all winter.
    Grant | Stink Eye-Mob #133 | '09 WRX Premium
    STI Short Shifter, 25mm Front Sway Bar, 22mm Rear Sway Bar, Endlinks, Perrin Stealth (Black) Turbo back exhaust
    Pictures of My WRX http://www.flickr.com/photos/37962357@N02/

Haha.... I agree. But are heated seats worth an couple thousand? I'm gutting the stereo and I really don't care about a sunroof. But dammit I want heated seats. Going to get a remote starter so maybe it won't be an issue but they still would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by mase33 View Post
    Should have went with the Premium's cold weather package . My butt will be nice and toasty all winter.

Quote Originally Posted by nrpalm View Post
    I got the base model 09 rex (wasn't interested in their stereo or sunroof). I live in Minnesota and it gets cold here! I want heated seats. What would be my best option? Would getting aftermarket seats void the electrical warrenty? Is it that much cheaper than buying subarus heated seats? I really have no idea how much either would cost. Any comments? Thank you in advance.
    i had the same problem..went to walmart..got seat warmers that plug into the ciggarette outlet..problem solved..total cost=$30

Thats funny. I did the same thing (base model) and want heated seats. I saw that the seat covers do have zippers on the sides which would simplify installation. I was wondering if our cars are pre-wired for seat heaters. Anybody know?

Quote Originally Posted by mase33 View Post
    Ditto.

And my mirrors. And my wipers.

Not gonna say I'm looking forward to winter, but I'm certainly not dreading it.
    Stink-Eye Mob #666

2009 WRX Sedan

I have that package on my Tribeca. The wiper heaters are worthless. They just ice up all the time once the 20 minutes (or whatever the preset is) up and they turn off. They can be made to be turned on all the time but then do you switch it out every time it's not winter? That'd suck.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleMongoose View Post
    Ditto.

And my mirrors. And my wipers.

Not gonna say I'm looking forward to winter, but I'm certainly not dreading it.

Quote Originally Posted by ecbmxer View Post
    Thats funny. I did the same thing (base model) and want heated seats. I saw that the seat covers do have zippers on the sides which would simplify installation. I was wondering if our cars are pre-wired for seat heaters. Anybody know?
    Good question! Anyone find a way to either do a OEM or Aftermarket install easily this way?