DVD/Nav system - what's the best right now
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on DVD/Nav system - what's the best right now within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just got a 2007 WRX TR. I'm loving it, BUT, Priority number one: replace that god awful sound system. Three ...

CEO

DVD/Nav system - what's the best right now

Just got a 2007 WRX TR. I'm loving it, BUT, Priority number one: replace that god awful sound system.

Three things i really want:

1. DVD
    2. NAV
    3. Removable faceplate or other theft deterrent

So, what do you guys think. I'd like to keep it around 700 bucks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Find something on clearance at Crutchfield.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Find something on clearance at Crutchfield.
    +1.

I just bought a JVC from Crutchfield that was on sale plus I found an online coupon. In the end it was only about $20 more than the cheapest online retailer I could find plus I got mounting hardware, a wiring harness, and the no questions asked return policy if I didn't like it. I'm very happy with my purchase.

However, if you are really picky about features finding something that meets all three of those criteria might be difficult.

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by economatic View Post
    +1.

I just bought a JVC from Crutchfield that was on sale plus I found an online coupon. In the end it was only about $20 more than the cheapest online retailer I could find plus I got mounting hardware, a wiring harness, and the no questions asked return policy if I didn't like it. I'm very happy with my purchase.

However, if you are really picky about features finding something that meets all three of those criteria might be difficult.
    What kind of JVC did you get? I'm considering the JVC KW-NT1, and JVC KW-NX7000. Leaning towards the NT1 because the bluetooth comes built in. Both have a removable screen, DVD, and NAV. Anyone have any input on either of these, or other suggestions?

I went with the JVC KW-AVX810 but I cared about neither bluetooth nor navigation options. Overall, I'm very happy with it but the ipod inteface is horrible. It is painfully slow to scroll through music and the album art feature essentially freezes the HU for about 30 seconds. JVC even had a warning about that...why even bother with it?

Also, if you go with something detachable plan to do some cutting to the mounting hardware. The fit is snug so if you just bolt it in the car without modifying the brackets the face won't detach or flip down.

dvd/nav for the pioneer avic is around 900 nd its amazing. they make an avic without nav for 500 its dvd bluetooth and ipod integration. really good for the money by far the easiest ipod to work with, just click artist and their in list by 6. check it out

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.