Will a 2003 wrx spoiler fit my 2005 wrx?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Will a 2003 wrx spoiler fit my 2005 wrx? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; will a 2003 spoiler (Not one of the huge ones, the small ones) fit my 2005 wrx?...

Will a 2003 wrx spoiler fit my 2005 wrx?

will a 2003 spoiler (Not one of the huge ones, the small ones) fit my 2005 wrx?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yessir.

I dont think the one im getting comes with mounting hardware, and it has the led wiring in it. How do I connect the wiring...is there a pre-fabricated harness that simply wasnt used on my car b/c it didnt come with a spoiler? Also, Can I go to the store and buy bolts and washers for this after I drill the holes in the trunk? Or do I need more than just "Bolts"

Last thing...dont you need some kind of foam in between the spoiler and trunk, every video I have seen has some sort of double sided tape on the new spoiler, and once it is bolted down the plastic is removed from the tape...

Spoiler does not need any foam, your trunk is already wired with the connection for the light and just need 4 bolts to keep it on once its drilled into trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishcarbomb View Post
    Spoiler does not need any foam, your trunk is already wired with the connection for the light and just need 4 bolts to keep it on once its drilled into trunk.
    Nice, but would it be a good idea to put some electrical tape or SOMETHING there? Metal to metal doesn't seem ideal...

Quote Originally Posted by Lavid2002 View Post
    Nice, but would it be a good idea to put some electrical tape or SOMETHING there? Metal to metal doesn't seem ideal...
    brb I have a 2007 that I added a 2002 trunk to pics in a second

brb I have a 2007 that I added a 2002 trunk to pics in a second
    nice ty irish, p.s. those things are filling

I Support ClubWRX
    Don't install one... instead go do a trunk swap. There are more than enough people in the nation that want a wingless trunk!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Don't install one... instead go do a trunk swap. There are more than enough people in the nation that want a wingless trunk!
    too much fuss for me, I just want to put a small wing on the back of my car, without worrying about brackets and stuff...

nice ty irish, p.s. those things are filling
    LOL, we do what we call monster car bombs its 3 carbombs in 1 gets u drunk fast. I have a buddy that sales Jamesons so I get bottles for free.

Pics

Bolts

Upper

Lower

Plug under the right side of trunk, behind those black wires the white clip

too much fuss for me, I just want to put a small wing on the back of my car, without worrying about brackets and stuff...
    Full trunk swap is just 4 bolts just like adding the spoiler is 4 bolts. Its going to take more to drill the holes than to swap trunks.

I Support ClubWRX
    Full trunk swap is just 4 bolts just like adding the spoiler is 4 bolts. Its going to take more to drill the holes than to swap trunks.
    ^^^
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    ^^^
    Not to thread jack since its been answered but I got a VF39 Sinister, not installed yet. What PSI did you run to lay down those numbers

I have a Walbro, and TBE exhaust, looking at getting a manual boost controller and 20psi.

yeah, but then I have to find someone with a trunk to swap right? I already bid on a spoiler on ebay.....

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    I have a Walbro, and TBE exhaust, looking at getting a manual boost controller and 20psi.
    That's not going to work in your favor.

yeah, but then I have to find someone with a trunk to swap right? I already bid on a spoiler on ebay.....
    Yes, but seeing as how you are the wingless trunk owner, you will have people fawning all over you with trade offers. If you had been the one wanting to go wingless on the other hand....good luck.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.