All Weather Mats? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on All Weather Mats? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i got all weathers thrown in with my purchase. They are fantastic... Much more "beefey" then some knock offs... They ...

i got all weathers thrown in with my purchase. They are fantastic... Much more "beefey" then some knock offs... They are deep so they hold water dirt and the mix from getting on the carpet. Also With the OEM you get the snap holes like your OEM floor mats have to hold the all the weather mat in place.

And you cannot beat the form fit of the OEMs... they match the curves real well and contour around the pedals and trunk/gas latch well...

I may have been less happy if I paid 60 for em but I got mine basically for free.
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Poohbear View Post
    ...Also With the OEM you get the snap holes like your OEM floor mats have to hold the all the weather mat in place...
    That's what I'm talking about, the snap holes. With what do you snap the mats to the floor?

Quote Originally Posted by Julio Bro! View Post
    That's what I'm talking about, the snap holes. With what do you snap the mats to the floor?
    There are small "nipples" built into the floor on my rex. Two holes on the floor mats with metal rings around them on the carpet mats. The metal ringed holes snap over the small "nipples" keeping the mats in place as you drive. This is just on the drivers side I believe.

On the all weather the same thing is going on but there are no metal rings. Just the hole for the "nipples" to fit into. However because of the rubber on the all weathers, the holes fit snuggly on the "nipples".
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY

There are small "nipples" built into the floor on my rex...
    Nipples huh? What year is your WRX? Mine is 2009 and the mats fit, but I didn't see the nipples...maybe I have to check carefully.

mine too is an 09... go look under your drivers seat right before your floor mat ends... they are centered on the mat about 6 inches or so apart.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY

Man, just my luck! The nipples are not there and I don't feel anything under the carpet. My WRX was from the first batch of 09s, bought in October 2008.

Maybe that was not included, I don't know...damn!

Well, could there be an adapter or something so I can attach my mats? Maybe the nipples are sold separately?

^ ummm are you sure? I doubt they would change something like that... Im going to have to see a picture of that one...

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY

I got STi mats from Park Mazda and Subaru. They are black nylon wool with a waterproofing chemical impregnated into the fibers, the backing is a rubber/poly gum with a texture similar to gravel. There are floorspikes at the fronts and rear, and they come in a set of 4 for $75 shipped. They have a Cherry Blossom Red "STi" logo on the sides of the fronts, and there is a snap which must be bolted in on the driver's side seat bracket bolt (12mm on the passenger's side of the driver's seat). It takes a fraction of a second to adapt the snap to a non-STi. Once installed, they do not slide forward like the OEM WRX mats do. There is indeed a nipple on the left of the driver's side mat which snaps into a grommet on the mat itself.

I added Momo T200 "Grid" (yellow logo) mat plates to each front mat, since they are the same machining, color, and material as the metal stock pedal kit we get w/ the WRX (Deluxe kit w/ Aluminum dead pedal). The mat plates make the pedal area more agressive and business-like as far as appearance, and there is no slipping at all on any of it. You'd have to wear glass shoes to slide on all that knobbiness. Luck has it that the STi mats have a skid pad that outlines under the Momo mats' best location, which when used, make a driving shoe's rolled heel useful in a new way. It just makes pedal control better. There's ton's more feel.

When Winter rolls around, the ol' WRX mats go in and get kicked around... our Winters are snowy no matter what. I am in Maine, where floormats are destroyed very often. Regular OEM WRX mats last a good 4 years before they slip, and they are around $45 shipped.

Did I hear someone say they bought used mats?
    Mint condition Royal Blue Prodrives... I'd consider as spares
    Last edited by Impreza2.0; 01-03-2010 at 06:01 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Impreza2.0 View Post
    You'd have to wear glass shoes to slide on all that knobbiness.
    It all makes sense now...
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

^ ummm are you sure? I doubt they would change something like that... Im going to have to see a picture of that one...
    Don't have camera, but there are no nipples. Theres nothing sticking out of the floor on that area. What I found is a small section of the carpet, just where the floor rises under the seat, cut to reveal 2 small holes, one of them threaded for a screw.

Maybe that's for something to hold the mat for my WRX edition, could be for something else. Anyway, the seller from eBay told me there were someking of clips sold at the dealer for the mat. I'll be checking that.

Thats kinda odd... I have honestly never heard of that before... Check your dealer and see if you cant get those.. like i said they are only on the drivers side right before the floor mat would end... they really help to keep the mats in place getting in and out of the auto ...

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY

The grommets that are included with these mats are in the bottom of the box... check that. There should be what looks like a bent fork with a snap attached (this applies to 02-07 mat sets from Subaru). This snap is bolted to the floor in a way that is very self explanatory. Simply loosen your seat bolt and slide the tabs in, tighten to spec, and you are good to go!

I have an 09 also and purchased a set of the all-weather mats. I think they were a worthwhile investment considering that the stock carpeted mats were not that durable. One bad winter an they'd probably be shot. Mine cost about $60 as well. If your're looking for the best possible fit / finish I'd go with the OEM all-weathers. . .

Also purchased the trunk liner for the sedan. Probably an unnecessary accessory but I can't stand getting grime on the trunk carpeting and, again, the fitment of this piece probably couldn't be matched after-market so I went for it. . .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.