Disable A/C in auto climate control?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Disable A/C in auto climate control? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does anyone know how to stop the A/C from turning itself on in the auto climate control mode? It's getting ...

Question Disable A/C in auto climate control?

Does anyone know how to stop the A/C from turning itself on in the auto climate control mode? It's getting cold here in Denver, and even when heat is blowing, the A/C turns itself on randomly and it drives me INSANE. I don't need the A/C to steal a few horsepower and reduce my mileage while the heat is on!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Unplug the clutch on the compressor.

I don't want to completely disable the A/C (I may need it with the defrost); I just don't want it to come on my itself in auto climate control mode.

Quote Originally Posted by ephilli2 View Post
    I don't want to completely disable the A/C (I may need it with the defrost); I just don't want it to come on my itself in auto climate control mode.
    Switch to manual climate control.
    Blobeye Syndicate #1337
    man vs technology blog
    MvT@YouTube

yea take the knob rotate it one click to the right and that will put the fan speed slower or faster how ever much you desire

Quote Originally Posted by ephilli2 View Post
    I don't need the A/C to steal a few horsepower and reduce my mileage while the heat is on!!
    Why are you running the A/C when you have the heat on? Turn the A/C off by pushing the button and set controls to "Auto" then it will just blow blow blow until you turn it off
    Last edited by CJ05; 10-04-2009 at 04:55 PM.
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

i hope that you know that your defroster runs when your a/c or heat is on and why are you running your a/c and trying to run your heat at the same time

The same thing happens to me. I was told by Subaru that when its on AUTO mode, the temp. is controlled by the # dial. For example: If you set it to 75, the heat will turn on till 75, if it goes over 75, then the AC will automatically turn on to lower the temperature down to 75 and then turn off. So its actually not a problem. Makes sense, but I agree; it's annoying.

ehhh dude you cant and why is it that big of a deal if you put it on auto and set it to 70-75 and just leave it alone it will goto your temp and if you dont like it on auto do it manually its not that hard really come on its as easy as 1-2-3 and anyone with a home knows that a whole house fernace raises the temp a degree or 2 higher than the actual temp and then it will lower to the desired temp set for it
    Last edited by matt0851; 02-08-2010 at 11:10 AM.

I have this same problem. If I set my climate control to full auto, if it gets too hot, the A/C will turn on. I would feel the cold air coming out of the vents and would have to turn the A/C off manually.

I noticed that if I don't play with the two Auto switches, that it will never turn on again, but if I have to defrost my front window at some point, then put it back on Auto, it will happen again.

In my previous car (01 540i/6), the A/C will not turn on with the auto climate control unless you push the A/C button. This, IMO should be how it works....
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

Quote Originally Posted by CJ05 View Post
    Why are you running the A/C when you have the heat on? Turn the A/C off by pushing the button and set controls to "Auto" then it will just blow blow blow until you turn it off
    +1

I've had good results doing the same thing.
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Midnight Black Pearl
    2009 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon 5MT - Dark Gray Metallic

Even if the A/C is off when you set the two dials to Auto, it will automatically turn on when you reach higher temps in the cabin.
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

I'm driving an STI---I think it is annoying if ac turns on when one selects defog---it should be able to be selected. I know there was an over ride for my old Civic SIR. Running AC all the time is harder on gas mileage h/p and the environment. My .02$.
    Hawkeye #6969

For me, if everything is set to auto and the A/C comes on, I turn it off by hitting the button and it stays off until the next time the fan control is changed to something else and then back to auto. Including between engine starts etc.

Is it not like this for everyone?

the defroster actually works better when the a/c system is activated because it removes moisture from the air that comes out of the vents. the reduction in gas milage and power is so miniscule that it wont really make any difference. if it bothers you that much, just turn the knob.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast