factory short throw shifter?
Results 1 to 8 of 8

This is a discussion on factory short throw shifter? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Is there a way to see if there was a factory short throw system installed into my car? Is there ...

  1. #1
    Registered User rev_this's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    22

    factory short throw shifter?

    Is there a way to see if there was a factory short throw system installed into my car? Is there anything I should look for?
    I am the second owner and would like to know if I have one or not. The shifts feel kind of long compared to my old Civic that had one.
    Thanks in advance.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    DUB
    DUB is offline
    Registered User DUB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    SLT, CA
    Posts
    3,176
    I'm not 100% sure if this applies to the '07 model year.

    But, the factory short shift kit has a gold colored shifter. Just unscrew the shift knob and look to see if your shifter is gold.

  4. #3
    Registered User catsfan222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    94
    Its like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory... The Golden Ticket...
    -Stink-Eye Mob #999-

    2008 WRB WRX, Rally Armor Mud-flaps, ERZ Catless 3" exhaust, Tsudo DP, COBB AP (Stage 2)

  5. #4
    Registered User elwray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    991
    Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    I'm not 100% sure if this applies to the '07 model year.

    But, the factory short shift kit has a gold colored shifter. Just unscrew the shift knob and look to see if your shifter is gold.
    I may have missed another thread where it's stated that it's an 07, but for reference if for some reason it's an 08+:
    The factory short throw shifter in my 09 is a dull gray metal.
    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

  6. #5
    Registered User rev_this's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by elwray View Post
    I may have missed another thread where it's stated that it's an 07, but for reference if for some reason it's an 08+:
    The factory short throw shifter in my 09 is a dull gray metal.
    I just think I forgot to post it and someone looked at my profile or another post and saw what year I had.

  7. #6
    DUB
    DUB is offline
    Registered User DUB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    SLT, CA
    Posts
    3,176
    Quote Originally Posted by rev_this View Post
    I just think I forgot to post it and someone looked at my profile or another post and saw what year I had.
    bingo

  8. #7
    Registered User elwray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    991
    Well... that's too obvious; why would I have thought of that??
    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

  9. #8
    Registered User rev_this's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    22
    I love this website. You guys are awesome.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •