speaker mounting ?

This is a discussion on speaker mounting ? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have an 07 wrx tr. i bought alpine type r 5 1/4 speakers for the rear doors. i knew ...

speaker mounting ?

i have an 07 wrx tr. i bought alpine type r 5 1/4 speakers for the rear doors. i knew i would have to modify the doors alittle to get them to work. well i made the hole alittle bigger because it didnt need alot to make it big enought for the speaker to fit. when i went to put the door panel back on it didnt fit because the panel hit the speaker. i dont want to cut the door panel and i want to keep my system the same brand. also they sound pretty nice to. so my fix to this is to make a thin spacer and put the speaker on the inside of the door in the stock location. does anyone think it will effect the sound of the speaker. i dont think it will but i wanted some opinions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

forgot to add this the window will not be in the way and also there is enought room between the outer skin and inner skin of the door thanks