Audio Integrations + JL Audio + Focal + Viper

This is a discussion on Audio Integrations + JL Audio + Focal + Viper within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Picked up my car last night, and finally got around to uploading some pics of the new stereo! JL Audio ...

Audio Integrations + JL Audio + Focal + Viper

Picked up my car last night, and finally got around to uploading some pics of the new stereo!

JL Audio 10w3
    Audio Integrations Perfect Fit enclosure
    Focal Access 165 A1s
    Focal Solid 4, 4x100 to the components and bridged to the sub
    Viper 5901
    Kenwood DNX6140

JL Audio 10w3 in an Audio Integrations enclosure

Focal Solid 4 (4x100) under the passenger seat

Kenwood DNX6140 in a JDM Bezel

Focal bass knob

There are also Focal 165 A1 component speakers. After much discussion, I ended up having them installed in the sail panels. The installer said he had to trim the sail panel slightly to get them to fit, but they were not a problem.

For the amplifier, I asked them not to screw it into the metal, so their solution was not to mount it to anything at all! Should I be concerned about it moving around and disconnecting? It seems okay so far...

Next up: installing my Yakima rack with all the fixin's.
    Last edited by evanr; 09-13-2009 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Fixed picture tags...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice setup i really like those enclosures i want one myself. not really sure about it moving. but if it concerns you. i was reading somewhere that someone used heavy duty velcro on the metal floor to a piece of plywood. carpet on top of that and then screwed the amp to the plywood. this person said they never had any trouble with it moving. thats if you have the room also. just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by irvin787878 View Post
    nice setup i really like those enclosures i want one myself. not really sure about it moving. but if it concerns you. i was reading somewhere that someone used heavy duty velcro on the metal floor to a piece of plywood. carpet on top of that and then screwed the amp to the plywood. this person said they never had any trouble with it moving. thats if you have the room also. just a suggestion.
    Haha, I think it was a thread that I started (asking about amp placement) that you're referring to.

It does seem like putting a piece of MDF/plywood/ABS underneath the carpet would be the most ideal. Once I yank out the seat, is it pretty easy to get beneath the floor carpeting? I might do it myself one of these days, just for the peace of mind that comes with knowing it's secure... but first thing's first, I need to put the rack on!

Quote Originally Posted by evanr View Post
    Haha, I think it was a thread that I started (asking about amp placement) that you're referring to.

It does seem like putting a piece of MDF/plywood/ABS underneath the carpet would be the most ideal. Once I yank out the seat, is it pretty easy to get beneath the floor carpeting? I might do it myself one of these days, just for the peace of mind that comes with knowing it's secure... but first thing's first, I need to put the rack on!
    i am not sure if its easy never done it. but i am going to give it a try when i do my system soon. if i get it done before you i will try to let you know. sorry i couldnt help more right now.

What kind of air space does that box have? how does the jl sound? usually they are crap uness they have a bunch of air space.

Quote Originally Posted by FuturScoobyOwnr View Post
    What kind of air space does that box have? how does the jl sound? usually they are crap uness they have a bunch of air space.
    Sorry, not sure what the volume on the enclosure is. If you email audio integrations, I'm sure Ryan would more than happily tell you all the specifications you need.

My only basis for comparison is the W7 ProWedge that I had in my 4Runner. It was a beast of a sub and everything pales in comparison (except for maybe the one in my HT ).

It does the job though; fills in the lower end without taking up much space in my trunk!

did you put dynamat in or anything of that sort?

Quote Originally Posted by wall8 View Post
    did you put dynamat in or anything of that sort?
    Yep, the front doors have dynamat. I didn't have it installed anywhere else though, but so far no rattles!