speakers in rear door wrx 2002

This is a discussion on speakers in rear door wrx 2002 within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello, I bought 5"-1/4 speakers for the rear doors in my WRX. I removed the door panel and realized that ...

speakers in rear door wrx 2002

Hello,

I bought 5"-1/4 speakers for the rear doors in my WRX. I removed the door panel and realized that the guy at the store told me to buy the wrong size (the original are 4") even though I told him it was prolly 4". The 5"-1/4 speakers almost fit but the enclosure (or the plastic that covers the speakers) is too small for a 5"-1/4. Is there some place where I can buy a bigger plastic to fit the new speakers, is there some other way to do this or should I just change the speakers to 4" ones? Thanks,

Simon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    You're gonna have to cut the mesh away if you want to use them.

The mesh is the metal surface that has holes if i understand correctly. There is no mesh in the original speakers, and the mesh that comes with the new speakers if 4 holes but the plastic cover that holds the original speakers is 3. Would something like this work ebay.ca/6-1-2-TO-5-1-4-SPEAKER-ADAPTER-1-2-SPACER-PLATE-MID-KIT_W0QQitemZ270447610940QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Sp eakers?hash=item3ef7ef0c3c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I'm not sure whether this will work because this is to reduce a 6 1/2 to 5 1/4 and to increase a 4 to 5 1/4. Thanks

You should have bought your speakers from Crutchfield, they ship the adaptor harness and new enclosure to fit your new speakers free with the purchase. You still have to drill new holes..but they hook you up pretty good.

i just changed it to 4" speakers... the 5 1/4" were too much of a hassle