Another Stereo Noob Question !
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Another Stereo Noob Question ! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi.. I have a WRX 2009 without technology package.. I have this in mind but I am not sure if ...

Another Stereo Noob Question !

Hi.. I have a WRX 2009 without technology package.. I have this in mind but I am not sure if what im doing is right or wrong ...

Keep the same Head Unit
    + ADD a Amplifier
    + ADD/CHANGE the 4 speakers in the Door
    + ADD Tweeters

You guys think this will be decent enough ? What size speakers fit in the back and front ? I want to start looking into speakers but dont know what size to look into ... Any recommendations ?
    Subaru WRX 2009 - Black
    STI Short Throw Shift 5 M/T

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The rear is 6 3/4" front is 5 1/4". You'll need to replace the deck too if you're going to amp your speakers. I went with Boston Acoustic Pro 50se for the front and Pro 60se for the rear. They kick hardcore ass. The tweeters can be mounted right to the component. They're spendy but worth it. MSRP 600.00 a pair. You can get a better deal than that though if you shop around. A buddy of mine has 4 of them in his Tundra, holy wow, I swear he's hiding a sub somewhere. The sound is amazing, makes you want to listen to all your old stuff just to see what it sounds like on a kickass stereo. I originally bought a Boston Acoustic GT-4100 amp to power them, 100watts x 4 but I'm returning it to get a Alpine PDX 4 x 100. That way it'll be easy to slip it under the passengers seat.

Quote Originally Posted by lazybones18 View Post
    Hi.. I have a WRX 2009 without technology package.. I have this in mind but I am not sure if what im doing is right or wrong ...

Keep the same Head Unit
    + ADD a Amplifier
    + ADD/CHANGE the 4 speakers in the Door
    + ADD Tweeters

You guys think this will be decent enough ? What size speakers fit in the back and front ? I want to start looking into speakers but dont know what size to look into ... Any recommendations ?
    The feedback that I got when researching a new '09 setup was that the head unit was the worst part of the stock system.

For sizes, I found it useful to browse crutchfield's website, even though I ended up going with a local shop for most of my gear.

I installed a 4x100 amp, component speakers in front and a sub. The rear speakers are still stock. See my thread Audio Integrations + JL Audio + Focal + Viper

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.