2005 Subaru WRX Wagon deck/amps/sub Install

This is a discussion on 2005 Subaru WRX Wagon deck/amps/sub Install within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just cant stand the stock stereo, so here is a few pics of my install. start to finish, this ...

2005 Subaru WRX Wagon deck/amps/sub Install

I just cant stand the stock stereo, so here is a few pics of my install. start to finish, this project took me about 2 days.

Below is a picture of my Clarion deck installed with my clarion EQ. I had to do some custom work to the stock brackets but nothing was really hacked at all.

I played hell finding a place to mount the fuse block, so I decided to make my own. I got a piece of aluminum plate and a few bends later, vola!

Below is a pic of the underhood wiring complete.

To mount the amps I had, I just got some 3/4 MDF and made my own little rack that fits in the spare tire well. Below is a pic of the initial rack installed.

Below is a pic of the completed amp install

Here is a pic of the sub in the back and the amps hidden. Next up, swap those crappy door speakers out for some MB Quarts!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wow very nice.
    i bet the w7? is loud as hell in the wagon.

1 question, what is that black paneling? that you used to fill in the gaps by the eq?

I had this stereo in my 99 integra, so I took the metra installation kit and cut the 1 din off where the deck would normally go leaving just the piece you can see with my EQ in it. And yes, the 13W7 is loud but it rattles like a SOB, my mirror fell off ><