interior neon lighting - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on interior neon lighting within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hmmm... I actually think a small amount of black lighting would look... interesting. *ashamed*...

Hmmm... I actually think a small amount of black lighting would look... interesting.

*ashamed*

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

silvercookie, that is a 4eat?
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by wrx0131 View Post
    silvercookie, that is a 4eat?
    ya got meh.

Registered User Cant_See_Colors's Avatar
    [QUOTE=UncleMidriff;2506386]Hmmm... I actually think a small amount of black lighting would look... interesting.

Blacklighting would be interesting...

However I decided on replacing the dome/map lights with blue LEDs (which match a stock blue light coming from under the center console at night). I also found some blue EL wire online that I'm going to experiment with inside the cupholders/mapholders on all 4 doors too see if i can get a nice blue glow to light up the door panels.

At some point later on I might also look into a red neon or LED kit for under the dash and seats to compliment the iridescent red gauges...

I'll get some pictures up later this weekend or next week with the LEDs/EL wire if all goes well..

Thanks for all the input everyone!

[QUOTE=Cant_See_Colors;2506397]
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMidriff View Post
    Hmmm... I actually think a small amount of black lighting would look... interesting.

Blacklighting would be interesting...

However I decided on replacing the dome/map lights with blue LEDs (which match a stock blue light coming from under the center console at night). I also found some blue EL wire online that I'm going to experiment with inside the cupholders/mapholders on all 4 doors too see if i can get a nice blue glow to light up the door panels.

At some point later on I might also look into a red neon or LED kit for under the dash and seats to compliment the iridescent red gauges...

I'll get some pictures up later this weekend or next week with the LEDs/EL wire if all goes well..

Thanks for all the input everyone!
    EL wire is awesome. didnt even think of that.

im stealing your idea.

Registered User Cant_See_Colors's Avatar
    [QUOTE=silvercookie;2506402]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cant_See_Colors View Post

EL wire is awesome. didnt even think of that.

im stealing your idea.
    Have you used it before? Its the first time I've seen it.. Any tips on what diameter to use or the best place to get custom lengths of wire or anything like that... It looks pretty sweet from pictures I've seen.. Hopefully it gets the job done...

[QUOTE=Cant_See_Colors;2506403]
    Quote Originally Posted by silvercookie View Post

Have you used it before? Its the first time I've seen it.. Any tips on what diameter to use or the best place to get custom lengths of wire or anything like that... It looks pretty sweet from pictures I've seen.. Hopefully it gets the job done...
    ive never seen them come in diff diameter.
    just rememeber the thicker it is, the less flexible it will be.

this is where i got mine from
    EL Wire at Xoxide.com - EL Wire

decent prices.
    im looking up the ohere place that sells it.

here we go.
    AUTOMOTIVE LIGHTING SYSTEMS

also, a lil expensive, but quality is awesome from what i have heard.
    Subcategory Items - ThatsCoolWire.com
    Last edited by silvercookie; 08-25-2009 at 09:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.