Factory Navigation Install in 2009 WRX Premium

This is a discussion on Factory Navigation Install in 2009 WRX Premium within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has anyone installed an OEM nav system into a premium package WRX? I haven't been able to find much info ...

Factory Navigation Install in 2009 WRX Premium

Has anyone installed an OEM nav system into a premium package WRX?

I haven't been able to find much info except that it would be difficult with the base WRX.

I found someone who is selling theirs and I'm trying to figure out whether is would be plug and play or if it would take substantial modifications.

Also, does anyone know if the factory antenna also houses the Sirius antenna?

Any help is appreciated - thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think I read somewhere (maybe in the owners manual?) that the Sirius antenna is in the front winshield on the passenger side if you have the Sirius package installed. If you have the iPod interface then there is no satellite antenna installed I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by White_Pearl_82 View Post
    I think I read somewhere (maybe in the owners manual?) that the Sirius antenna is in the front winshield on the passenger side if you have the Sirius package installed. If you have the iPod interface then there is no satellite antenna installed I believe.
    Yeah, it looks like the Sirius antenna is included with the add-on kit so I'm guessing that means it is not integrated with the AM/FM antenna. Bummer...