09 Navigation System Entry While Moving

This is a discussion on 09 Navigation System Entry While Moving within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Been some time since I've posted here, but I finally got back in the saddle with a shiny new '09 ...

09 Navigation System Entry While Moving

Been some time since I've posted here, but I finally got back in the saddle with a shiny new '09 premium WRX wagon and of course have the itch to mess with it right away. This particular model has the navigation system installed (which I fortunately got for next to nothing after markdowns) and I'm looking for info on how to unlock the ability to enter destinations while moving.

I know of course I shouldn't be fooling around with the screen myself, but I'm almost always in the car with my wife and it seems silly that she can't mess with the system while we're moving. I found a guide for enabling the DVD player without engaging the parking brake (like I care about that stellar idea so much), but it doesn't sound like this handles the navigation system as well. Something about a sensor below the driver's seat?
    Saving the world, one electron at a time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i would be highly interested in this as well if it was a possibility. I dont think it is though. I am constantly in the car with someone else and living in a new state so i use the navi a lot

You need to trick the system to think you're parked. It's not a simple task. Take it to your local stereo guy.
    '09 WRX 5-door Premium
    Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT