Boost Gauge problem

This is a discussion on Boost Gauge problem within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Sooo I've been having a boost gauge problem for the past month (Prosport electronic) and it's starting to piss me ...

Boost Gauge problem

Sooo I've been having a boost gauge problem for the past month (Prosport electronic) and it's starting to piss me off like no other. First off... The problem i'm having is that everything turns on ok.. Gauge sweeps at start-up but then once the car is idleing, the needle sits at 30in of vaccumm!!

Actions i've taken so far:

1) Checked over wiring - no loose connections found at this time.

2) Thought it was the sender - Ordered a new sender from prosport. Installed sender and it did not fix the problem.

3) Called Prosport - Sent my gauge and both senders (Old one and the new one). They tested everything and told me that everything tested out ok and that there must be something wrong in my wiring. They sent me a new wiring harness that goes to the back of the gauge.

4) Today.. I completely re-wired my gauge. Everything is wired up and getting power but still has the same exact problem. When re-wiring I used the new harness they sent me, and I used the new sender w/ new sender harness.

I really don't understand this.. And now i'm trying to decide if I should just order a whole new gauge from Prosport ... or maybe try a new gauge manufacturer???

Only problem with the new manufacturer is i'd have to completely re-wire that gauge because obviously the connectors anen't interchangeable.. Most likely i'll get another Prosport and hope for the best...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Thecabindweller's Avatar
    I just ordered three prosport gauges im going to replace my clock with, one is a boost gauge. I'm installing them tomorrow or Thursday, if i run into any problems ill let you know, and if all goes well ill try and see what it is that could be wrong with yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecabindweller View Post
    I just ordered three prosport gauges im going to replace my clock with, one is a boost gauge. I'm installing them tomorrow or Thursday, if i run into any problems ill let you know, and if all goes well ill try and see what it is that could be wrong with yours.
    I had it installed for over a year and it worked great.. it read boost accutately and never failed me. Then one day all of a sudden it just stopped working. I just ordered a new one so hopefully i didn't just buy a second gauge for no reason lol i'll let you know if it works this time...

Oh yeah and i've checked and i'm getting power properly at the gauge and at the sender.. and everything is grounded to the negative battery terminal so it's not a power/ground problem... it's just not sending the boost reading from the sender to the gauge for some reason ... ill throw in the sender and new gauge and replace the tube from the bpv to the sender and start over fesh! Lol