Installed a new deck and did the flat black mod =)

This is a discussion on Installed a new deck and did the flat black mod =) within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I think the paint turned out pretty decent and I am very pleased with the AVIC X910BT they worked out ...

Installed a new deck and did the flat black mod =)

I think the paint turned out pretty decent and I am very pleased with the AVIC X910BT they worked out alot of the problems that the F series had

'07 STi Limited
    www.flyprecision.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Looks really good.

Any details on where you got the Navi? Price?

Thanks

I have been interested in getting one since the AVIC-D3 came out but I am cheap lol

Well this specific unit just came out so the price is still pretty high, Crutchfield has them for $1100 right now I imagine if you can find an F series right now it would be pretty cheap.

Pioneer AVIC-X910BT Navigation receiver at Crutchfield.com
    '07 STi Limited
    www.flyprecision.com

i picked up a avic-900bt and it works great. Picked it up on ebay for 400 ... Good if on a budget !

Looks good! What kind of kit is that? A Scosche?

Quote Originally Posted by Kensaku View Post
    Looks good! What kind of kit is that? A Scosche?
    ? I just followed the "How-To" over at IWSTI =) Oh and I used the small end of a 2 sided felt marker to do the STI in red on the shifter trim

How To: Flat Black Interior (work in progress) - IWSTI.com: Subaru WRX STI Forums
    '07 STi Limited
    www.flyprecision.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by VideoCrack View Post
    i picked up a avic-900bt and it works great. Picked it up on ebay for 400 ... Good if on a budget !
    Dang that's a pretty sweet deal.

I don't think I would need the 900 series; probably the 700BT would suit me well.

Quote Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
    ? I just followed the "How-To" over at IWSTI =) Oh and I used the small end of a 2 sided felt marker to do the STI in red on the shifter trim

How To: Flat Black Interior (work in progress) - IWSTI.com: Subaru WRX STI Forums
    I meant the dash kit. Is that stock? In other words, did your car have the stock Subie Navi that you swapped out or did you have a single DIN stock stereo in that and you installed a double din dash kit? If the latter, which one?

Example: Scosche SU2027B / SU2027 Subaru Installation Kits Car Stereo (Head Unit) Installation Car Accessories and Installation Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix

Gotcha, yeah I just had the stock double din 6 cd changer that comes in the sti's, installing this navi was very simple, it just bolts right up to the existing brackets, no need for any kind of kit
    '07 STi Limited
    www.flyprecision.com

Quote Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
    Gotcha, yeah I just had the stock double din 6 cd changer that comes in the sti's, installing this navi was very simple, it just bolts right up to the existing brackets, no need for any kind of kit
    Nice!

Does anyone know if the AVIC-X910BT is compatible with a 6th or 7th generation ipod the manuals say it goes up to 5th but it was made a while ago.

i know that this is an older forumn, but i really like that deck, is it a nav system to?...dvd?...how much was it and what model is it?

Does anyone know if the Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT model will fit in my 2006 impreza??