Suggestions for door speakers running deck power

This is a discussion on Suggestions for door speakers running deck power within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have the 2009 WRX and am looking to change the door speakers; does anybody have advice for speakers that ...

Suggestions for door speakers running deck power

I have the 2009 WRX and am looking to change the door speakers; does anybody have advice for speakers that will run well off deck power or does everybody suggest spending a few hundred extra to hook up an amp and getting a component system.

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by twjs View Post
    I have the 2009 WRX and am looking to change the door speakers; does anybody have advice for speakers that will run well off deck power or does everybody suggest spending a few hundred extra to hook up an amp and getting a component system.

thanks
    Don't know about the '09 WRX? I have a 2002, and I know that the thin factory crap they put in the doors barely fit. So when I looked into replacing them, I found that any similar sized aftermarkets were too deep because of the larger magnets on the aftermarkets. I know Crutchfield.com car speakers often come with an installation kit and installation instructions for the specific vehicle. You might want to try them. You often pay a little more than your local BestBuy, but the installation instructions and/or kit can be very helpful when trying to figure out how to get them to fit. Just a thought.
    I Like A Man Who Grins When He Fights!~Winston Churchill