How would you rate the stock Navigation system?

This is a discussion on How would you rate the stock Navigation system? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; (Apologies if this is in the wrong forum) I just sold my 07 Tundra CrewMax. It had all the bells ...

How would you rate the stock Navigation system?

(Apologies if this is in the wrong forum)

I just sold my 07 Tundra CrewMax. It had all the bells and whistles. I believe that the Toyota Navi's are the best stock systems on the market. Most practical, user friendly, and easy to read.

I read that the stock Subie Navi's aren't that great. That the screen isn't flush in the dash, resolution not that great, not very user friendly.

I test drove a 08 WRX sedan yesterday with Navi and I thought the Navi was decent. Granted, I only got to drive it for 10 mins or so and was focusing on other aspects of the car. But, the Navi seemed to look pretty good (sharp and easy to read) and it seemed to function similarly to my Toyota one.

For those of you that have a newer Impreza with the Navi, can you give me your thoughts?

I'm weighing between the 2009 non-Navi WRX Premium or WRX Premium with Navi. If I go non-Navi, then I'd plop in a Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

They charge an extra 2 grand for the navi system. You could by a better one for only 700 that plays dvd and what not. I was offered a 09 wrx with a navi for another 1500, but i still passed since you can buy a nice system and a navi for that amount of money.
    p.s. Crayon shinchans mecha kucha omoshiroi.

I Support ClubWRX
    It may very well function similar to the Toyota one. In 08 Toyota acquired a very large share of Fuji Heavy Industries (Subaru's parent company)
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    It may very well function similar to the Toyota one. In 08 Toyota acquired a very large share of Fuji Heavy Industries (Subaru's parent company)
    Very interesting. Yeah, I noticed the side button layout was pretty similar.

Quote Originally Posted by ootuoykcuhp21 View Post
    They charge an extra 2 grand for the navi system. You could by a better one for only 700 that plays dvd and what not. I was offered a 09 wrx with a navi for another 1500, but i still passed since you can buy a nice system and a navi for that amount of money.
    p.s. Crayon shinchans mecha kucha omoshiroi.
    I understand the extra cost. It's actually worse for a Toyota. Try 5k for the tech package.

Crayon Shinchan rocks