no dash lights

This is a discussion on no dash lights within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 06 wrx and I was trying to get my boost gauge to dim with dash light. I ...

Need Help No Dash Lights

I have a 06 wrx and I was trying to get my boost gauge to dim with dash light. I got power from the cd player illumination wire the purple wire i think is what color it is there was a extra wire there and i was told that is what it was for so the gauge light came on when i turned on the lights but it would not dim. not a big deal. i was not worried about it dimming then i came out one night to turn on my car, there was a pop and then no light at all my dash illumination lights as well as the illumination lights for the radio and dash where out so i replaced the #12 fuse and i check the fuses under the hood nothing was blown i checked all my light blubs in the dash cluster replaced ones that even looked blown didnt do a thing i read a forum on here with a guy that almost had the same problem u guys said to check the wires for a short but how do u do that and any diagrams avaliable any help would be great.
    Last edited by 06wrxSRH; 08-02-2009 at 10:45 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrxSRH View Post
    I have a 06 wrx and I was trying to get my boost gauge to dim with dash light. I got power from the cd player illumination wire the purple wire i think is what color it is there was a extra wire there and i was told that is what it was for so the gauge light came on when i turned on the lights but it would not dim. not a big deal. i was not worried about it dimming then i came out one night to turn on my car, there was a pop and then no light at all my dash illumination lights as well as the illumination lights for the radio and dash where out so i replaced the #12 fuse and i check the fuses under the hood nothing was blown i checked all my light blubs in the dash cluster replaced ones that even looked blown didnt do a thing i read a forum on here with a guy that almost had the same problem u guys said to check the wires for a short but how do u do that and any diagrams avaliable any help would be great.
    Effectively you'd want to check if theres power going to the said fuses using a multimeter. Are you sure you didn't just roll the ring on the headlight switch?
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

well i got power to the fuze. how do i check if i rolled the ring. If i did not roll the ring what do i check next. are all the dash lights like christmas tree lights that if one bulb is out somewhere none of them work.

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrxSRH View Post
    well i got power to the fuze. how do i check if i rolled the ring. If i did not roll the ring what do i check next. are all the dash lights like christmas tree lights that if one bulb is out somewhere none of them work.
    the ring is on your turn signal lever. its the one that dims the lights.
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

i know what it is but would it just spin if it was off the roller. it stops just like it always has and i have never tried to force it and it stops like it always has when u turn it up and down. does anyone know the wire layout of what color does what, that goes into the back of the gauge cluster.

still lost on the problem anybody have any help.

any help would be nice

update Holy Mary mother of pearl!!!! It was the Integrated Unit. I pulled it, yanked out the ckt board and found a spot on the board that looked fried. I soldered in a jumper and put it all back together and whoalla! Dashlights. FYI the unit is under the drivers side dash.