Speaker Or Head Unit Problems

This is a discussion on Speaker Or Head Unit Problems within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So my wrx has an alpine head unit with the ipod connection and from all the sources of music only ...

Speaker Or Head Unit Problems

So my wrx has an alpine head unit with the ipod connection and from all the sources of music only the drivers side speaker works. the back passenger one crackles and i cannot hear it from the front passenger or the one behind the driver. Is this a bad connection to the speakers? or is it maybe a cable is unplugged near the head unit or something?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebread989 View Post
    So my wrx has an alpine head unit with the ipod connection and from all the sources of music only the drivers side speaker works. the back passenger one crackles and i cannot hear it from the front passenger or the one behind the driver. Is this a bad connection to the speakers? or is it maybe a cable is unplugged near the head unit or something?
    3 out of 4 speakers dont work, Id check the speaker connections first.

did this just happen? or did you just buy the car? just install something?

Yeah except one of the ones not working you can hear crackling. So do i just take off the door panels to check the speakers?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebread989 View Post
    Yeah except one of the ones not working you can hear crackling. So do i just take off the door panels to check the speakers?
    id check the connections behind the apline before u go ripping off door panels to check. Whoever put in the stereo could have done a crappy job in the install.

So my speakers are blown and i would like to replace them without having to purchase an amp to run them off of. What would be a good brand of speakers to go along with my alpine deck? Its a cda 9886.