HID in Fog lights ???

This is a discussion on HID in Fog lights ??? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was thinking about trying to brighten up my fog lights('04) by putting yellow HID's...... Will this help in bad ...

HID in Fog lights ???

I was thinking about trying to brighten up my fog lights('04) by putting yellow HID's...... Will this help in bad weather or make it worse? opinions?

thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by scoobyberry View Post
    I was thinking about trying to brighten up my fog lights('04) by putting yellow HID's...... Will this help in bad weather or make it worse? opinions?

thanks in advance
    I say don't do it, one of the members of our meet had HID's in his bugeye fogs and the glare was really bad. Even when he would drive behind me the glare in the mirror was nasty.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Oi....

I don't think you know what fog lights are for if you want to install HIDs in them. They are actually counterproductive to your fog's intended purpose.

And fogs don't have a cut off, so glare will be insane.

please do not put HIDs in your fog lights. if you want better fogs, then either put in better bulbs, or just better lights all together.

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Oi....

I don't think you know what fog lights are for if you want to install HIDs in them. They are actually counterproductive to your fog's intended purpose.

And fogs don't have a cut off, so glare will be insane.
    Fogs Do have a cut off. if they didnt they would be called highbeams LOL a good fog light will have a ncie low cutoff. as fog lights are ment to light up the road not all the fog around you.

also, this is in the wrong section.
    "Off all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most."
    ParanoidFabrications

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by PARANOID56 View Post
    please do not put HIDs in your fog lights. if you want better fogs, then either put in better bulbs, or just better lights all together.

Fogs Do have a cut off. if they didnt they would be called highbeams LOL a good fog light will have a ncie low cutoff. as fog lights are ment to light up the road not all the fog around you.

also, this is in the wrong section.
    That's actually not the case. Foglights are designed to disperse light at a wide angle and have a very short range. They are aimed down because if they were aimed higher they would blind oncoming drivers in bad weather conditions because light likes to refract off of water vapor. Adding a high intensity light in these conditions would be worse than sticking HID bulbs in incorrect headlights in clear weather. The last place you want to have a negative effect on people's vision is in foggy/poor weather conditions. Also, that light doesn't only refract forward, but also back towards the driver of the equipped vehicle.
    Last edited by brfatal; 07-23-2009 at 03:15 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Contact Dan at Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply for all the bulb info you ever wanted.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

why not ??

i put 50w hid in mine now i can see great ... i did have to put a dip switch in for the oncoming cars though ,cause i got sick of being flashed lol
    they compliment the four cibie 50w hid's