Sat Nav DVD player, how can i play dvd while driving? HELP

This is a discussion on Sat Nav DVD player, how can i play dvd while driving? HELP within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi there all, does anyone know how to get the DVD player to work while driving? Its not only the ...

Sat Nav DVD player, how can i play dvd while driving? HELP

Hi there all,
    does anyone know how to get the DVD player to work while driving?
    Its not only the DVD player as it also disables many other options including being able to enter a destination in the GPS, which is a real pain. Also can not make many other selections including browse the cd when playing mp3's

Help Please
    Thanks in advance
    Paul

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

In most states, you risk a repair order and a fine for having your DVD operating while driving. It is a hazardous distraction unless monitors in the backseat are the only ones functioning.

Police will order you to have the unit removed. It could also cost between $250 and $1000 dependant upon your state.

As for how to disable the lockout, it is the parking brake handle/automatic transmission sensor which you must find a way around. Since I do not know which unit you have, I cannot tell you the wire colors, but even if I knew, it would be illegal to even tell you, and could put the site at risk for suit.

There are sites where this information is freely discussed without concern for the law...

Realm of Excursion

Probably one of the best mobile electronics forums.

Most GPS systems do not lock out during driving. I find that odd... I'd do away with the park-lock on the head unit also.

Check your installation manual for vocabulary like this, and you will find where the lockout is located. It will either need a constant ground or a constant hot instead of the switched setup present now.

I have already said too much, so run, boy, RUN!

mainly interested in other functions working than the dvd player

Here in Adelaide Australia it is not illegal to use the GPS unit while driving (according to the police i have spoken to) and functions like unable to browse the cd or change the sound settings .. sub woofer etc. It is a real pain and that is what i am mainly interested in.
    I do not think that it can be enabled by i wire to the park break as it stops working after getting over about 10mph or 20kmh
    i will check that site you recommended thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paul09WRX View Post
    Here in Adelaide Australia it is not illegal to use the GPS unit while driving (according to the police i have spoken to) and functions like unable to browse the cd or change the sound settings .. sub woofer etc. It is a real pain and that is what i am mainly interested in.
    I do not think that it can be enabled by i wire to the park break as it stops working after getting over about 10mph or 20kmh
    i will check that site you recommended thanks
    That frees me up to inform you, but look in your private messages. I do not want to divulge this sort of info in public, there are USA laws which carry imprisonment and fines for even sharing this data.

I shorted my parking brake sensor and tried it for a few minutes. Then I decided I had better things to do then watch my video screen (like driving! )

My GPS (kenwood) works anyway, after hitting the warning button on screen.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    I shorted my parking brake sensor and tried it for a few minutes. Then I decided I had better things to do then watch my video screen (like driving! )

My GPS (kenwood) works anyway, after hitting the warning button on screen.
    When you do something like this, (shorting to ground), it is wise to measure the draw with a multimeter, and fuse the line with an amperage rating just above the constant draw. It could be as little as 1A, but it is wise to do this. If you wire your unit improperly (based on manufacturer's suggestions, not what really works), this prevents you from having a warranty dispute, should the unit fail later.

Nah, I just did a little jumper wire from the connector to a ground, but like I said, I immediately went back to stock setup. I do not need to be watching a dvd while driving.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

this is the unit in my car Kenwood FXDD07EF2GPS

I finally found what type of unit i have, now i just have to find a wiring diagram. The seat belt warning buzzer also seems to be connected to the same place as it starts beeping at same speed that the Kenwood unit loses most of its functions while moving

Thanks for all your help

Kenwood and Clarion are now one company IN PUBLIC? Wow, liberal of them to divulge the diversification.