running amp power cable impreza 08
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on running amp power cable impreza 08 within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So Im trying to run the power cable (8 gauge) from the battery into the trunk... where the hell have ...

running amp power cable impreza 08

So Im trying to run the power cable (8 gauge) from the battery into the trunk... where the hell have you guys run it through?

the only possible option I saw was near the passenger side door on the bottom, but have no idea how to get the cable down there from the top or up from the bottom...

help? please

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by nightriderx View Post
    So Im trying to run the power cable (8 gauge) from the battery into the trunk... where the hell have you guys run it through?

the only possible option I saw was near the passenger side door on the bottom, but have no idea how to get the cable down there from the top or up from the bottom...

help? please
    What you need to do is jack the car up, take off the front drivers side wheel, take out the fender liner, and you will see a gromit with 2 wires coming out of it, poke a hole in it and run your wire there. you can run it up through the fender right next to the battery, and the wire will come out under the dash above your dead pedal.

There is a grommet on the passenger side with two cables running through it when looking at the car from the front with the hood up. It looks like the cables are feeding into an area around the glove compartment. I ran my wire through there and it spits out in the passenger footwell (you'll have to look up and to the right to see the grommet and cables coming through).

I just cut a small hole in the grommet, took a wire clothes hanger and shoved it down and through...then I zip tied and taped the power wire to the engine side of the clothes hanger and simply pulled it through from the other side.

From here its really easy to just run the cable down along the doorsill.

This is coming a little late, but if you still haven't wired it and need a better explanation and some pics let me know.

-cb

Any pics of this install?

do either of you have pics of the power wire passing through the grommets on the driver's or passanger's side? Alll of the DIY's or just pics i've found so far are for older imprezas (pre 08). Also, around how long did you need the wire to be to make it to the trunk or hatch area of the car?

Thanks.

I'll try and take a pic tomorrow for you if I get a chance. I put my amps underneath the seats so I don't know how much you would need...I would suggest measure from the battery back to the firewall (~2 feet), then along the firewall to the grommet on the passenger side (~4 feet), then all the way to the back of the car (~8 feet) and add a couple of feet extra because it's a lot easier to cut the excess than add more. So a rough estimate would be around 16 feet, which is what I believe my package was.

Thanks

Thanks bud. I have a long weekend coming up so I'm going to try and get it all done before next week. I'm actully putting in a Basslink sub I had like 6 years ago (I tested it last weekend and it still sounds good), so I'm going to have to build some makeshift mounting plate for it since I don't want to drill into my wrx. Since the hatch space is relatively small, I'm trying to figure out how to mount it to the back of the rear seats. I also gotta make room for a cap, but that shouldn't be too bad. We'll see how it goes.

Sorry it took so long...it's hotter than balls in AZ right now so I try and avoid being outside in general this time of year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg  

i wouldnt do less then 4 gauge, power runs better through it.

also it is alot easier to run it through the grommet on the drivers side behind the brake pedal.

ill take pics of mine tomorrow morning

Thanks CB. I actually got everything done this weekend, took me forever (since I have like only 2 tools) but I was taking my time to make sure it came out ok. I decided to try the driver's side grommet under the wheel fender. It was pretty easy once you move the fender liner out of the way. The stupid door sills were much more annoying. I mounted the sub to a plank of MDF, and left some room to hook a cap in there later. All in all, it came out to a really clean install. I took a bunch of pics, I'll put them up when I get back into town (leaving for a couple weeks to HI).

Thanks again everybody.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.