Carpet
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Carpet within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Yea guys I have Subaru Stock carpets in my car but I can tell you now I never use the ...

Carpet

Yea guys I have Subaru Stock carpets in my car but I can tell you now I never use the driver side carpet as it slides way to much and bunches up by the gas pedal. Which as you can imagine is quite the problem when you are driving.

What can I get to avoid this problem as I do not want to wear a spot on my floor.

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Velcro

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i have rubber mats that i got from the auto store for like.. 15 bucks. i position it a few inches further up than my pedals to prevent the pedal from getting stuck under it.

it keeps my carpet in good condition & they're easy to clean

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

LLoydd's
    ProDrive

Both make floor mats. LLoydd's are the absolute best, and are customizeable. See their website. (Google "LLoydds' Car Floormats")

If you are a WalMart shopper, Bell makes mats, but they are WalMart mats... they will start to slip around after a week or so.

ProDrive mats are seemingly favorites on Nasioc, IWSTI, and here.

I have OEM mats...

tell us, does your floorpan have a plastic clip post, and the mat have a hole and grommet?

Those parts should be part of the car. the problem you are having is completely cured by it.

If the parts are not present, even the ProDrive mats won't stay put, they are exact replicas of Subaru floormats, with a hole and grommet in the left rear corner, designed to clip to the floor solidly.

Momo also makes floormats with spiked rubber bottoms, and a "Grid" metal mat cover which can be bolted to the mat, adding a ton of weight to it. This is possibly as good as stock or better. It does raise your feet a few mm, not enough to affect pedal feel.

I Support ClubWRX
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Yea I can tell you

Yea I can tell you I have the hook thing in the corner of the floor and my carpet still shifts alot. it basically spins on the hook and is unusable.

I will keep searching.

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.