Headlight problems - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Headlight problems within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by scooby dave Thanks I think I'll try that. BTW, do you know were I could find a ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby dave View Post
    Thanks I think I'll try that. BTW, do you know were I could find a picture of the back of a non hid wrx headlight? I just want to compare it to the ones I have in my car
    get on lightwerkz and look at their forum. Their forum deals a lot with our headlights. Subaru headlights are easily modified, and they do a lot of work on them. The forums are free, and you can see pics without signing up for them.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thanks a lot Sinister you have been very helpfull.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby dave View Post
    Thanks a lot Sinister you have been very helpfull.
    Sure thing. Anything else, feel free to holler! I don't know much, but I know how to find it!!
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

lol dude. i hope you didnt pay much for the car and had a full car fax on it. sounds like one of those commercials *cars on fire, firemen puttin the car out of its misery, as you see the typing of the words "car was just in a fire incident<backspace> NEW EVERYTHING: HOT PAINT* lol!!!

he probably took his front brembo calipers and put some old crappy wrx ones on there. sucks for u that u didnt notice that. lol. ur engine is probably gunna go soon, along with ur turbo, tranny, any thing else that the dude probably ****ed up and put back on the car and sold for as a "NICE 06 STI FOR SALE CHEAP!!!!" LOL!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    did you ever figure out the valet thing?
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Why would someone swap out STI HIDs for Impreza headlights?

unless maybe they were smashed? I don't know...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

apparently the dude was trying to get off with a good sell hoping the buyer (op) would buy it and think its all bad ass before he realizes the bad about the car. lol -rep for u bro. u suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuongiee View Post
    apparently the dude was trying to get off with a good sell hoping the buyer (op) would buy it and think its all bad ass before he realizes the bad about the car. lol -rep for u bro. u suck.
    come on now...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

vvme.com

cheap ass hids... and they works perfect.. some you have to change the polarity too though... only issue i have had and they work great.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    Why would someone swap out STI HIDs for Impreza headlights?

unless maybe they were smashed? I don't know...
    Yes I think the car was involved in a front end collision but nothing serious because the frame of the car does not have any signs of being repaired. The guy that had the car before me had a serious jet ski accident and spent a month in the hospital so after the injuries he decided to sell the car for 18,500 wich is a bargain here in puerto rico for a sti that has 19,000 miles. I ran a free carfax report on it and it says that there is no evidence that the odometer was rolled back. The car runs, feels and looks new. Maybe it wasnt even an accident, maybe it was that after 5 years the plastic headlights went dull or yellowish and since he wanted to sell the car for a profit he decided to put a less expensive headlight. As far as the brembos go Im having difficulties beleiving if they are good or not, I have read of a couple of people having problems with the brembo calipers on the 2004 sti and thats maybe the reason why they have so many brembo calipers on egay. The calipers that he put on front are Tokiko and are not gold but are not bad either, they brake nicely. I wonder if they are from the wrx as well lol XD thanks for your replies guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    did you ever figure out the valet thing?
    Yes I did I noticed that the buzzer was missing so i went to my nearest audio store and bought a small one for 12 bucks and installed it and know it chirps when I lock or unlock but the lights dont blink. They do blink when I hit the lock button 3 times as the key fob says, maybe its because of the the wrx headlights and all the disconnected plugs that I know have at the time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12