Trim removal problem

This is a discussion on Trim removal problem within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I got a parking lot dent in my 2006 WRX wagon It's on the driver's side just slightly ahead ...

Trim removal problem

So I got a parking lot dent in my 2006 WRX wagon

It's on the driver's side just slightly ahead of the tail light cluster (in fact there's a small crack in the tailight assembly, but I can fix that). To get at the back of the dent to try to hammer it out I need to remove the trim from the driver's side of the trunk.

I stripped out as much of the trunk paneling as I could and I can get my hand in behind it and feel the dent, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the main side trim off. It won't pull down and it won't slide forward. I've removed all the obvious screws and fastners, but the trim seems to be bonded to the plastic trim on the rear door and there's no really obvious way to remove that.

I only need the trim removed from the jack acess panel back, so I've considered cutting it there and then splicing it back togther when I'm done, but I'd rather not do that if I don't have to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'll try to attach a picture which will help in explaining what I'm trying to do to get to the inside of the dent.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails trim.jpg