stereo install problems

This is a discussion on stereo install problems within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I bought a used deck from kijiji and went to install it only to find out it did work ...

stereo install problems

So I bought a used deck from kijiji and went to install it only to find out it did work so I got over my bad luck and went out and bought a new deck well, that one doesnt work either. So im guessing im just doing the wiring wrong. Im trying to put it into an 02 and I think im getting the power cables wrong. From the deck I have a black ground cable which im connecting to the black ground on the stock harness, then a yellow "battery" wire im connecting to the yellow green stripe wire and a red accessory wire im connecting to the blue and red strip wire. Neither of the decks will turn on when I do this. WHATS WRONG???? thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

k so the i tested the battery wire and theres no charge coming from it... alsoo theres no power going to the in cabin lights, clock, etc.... any ideas?

No power to the clock and cabin lights = blown fuse. My car likes to blow that fuse everytime the alarm is set off, *******. So just pop the hood and then the fuse box and look on the diagram printed on the inside of the cover. I believe its a 15, not sure. I think it should solve the no power to the deck issue also, because (I cant remember its been a month or two) I think my deck doesnt have any power going to it when that fuse is blown.
    Lemme know what happens!-Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by DForez View Post
    So I bought a used deck from kijiji and went to install it only to find out it did work so I got over my bad luck and went out and bought a new deck well, that one doesnt work either. So im guessing im just doing the wiring wrong. Im trying to put it into an 02 and I think im getting the power cables wrong. From the deck I have a black ground cable which im connecting to the black ground on the stock harness, then a yellow "battery" wire im connecting to the yellow green stripe wire and a red accessory wire im connecting to the blue and red strip wire. Neither of the decks will turn on when I do this. WHATS WRONG???? thanks!
    Did you cut the plug end off the stock wiring harness?
    If you didnt go buy a wiring harness from your local stereo shop for $15 and wire it up that way...then you just match colors.If you did cut the plug off the factory harness you need to get something that you can test for power with and hook the yellow wire on the stereo harness to a constant 12v source and the red to a swithched sorce(one that only gets power when the key is in the on position.

And as mentioned before check the fuses both under the hood and in the dash below the change pocket
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3