getting rid of rattles

This is a discussion on getting rid of rattles within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i just installed one jl12w3 and it pounds, but there is a lot of rattles and vibrations coming from right ...

getting rid of rattles

i just installed one jl12w3 and it pounds, but there is a lot of rattles and vibrations coming from right behind the back seat, specifically the third brake light....and the carpeted area all around there, im sure others have ran into this problem and suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Check your licsense plate
    05' Saabaru

Quote Originally Posted by jmb8806 View Post
    i just installed one jl12w3 and it pounds, but there is a lot of rattles and vibrations coming from right behind the back seat, specifically the third brake light....and the carpeted area all around there, im sure others have ran into this problem and suggestions?
    Dynamat everything!!! or listen to your music at a reasonable level lol im jk when I was into that stuff I used dynamat I know it cost some money but WELL worth it.

i always make the suggestion of putting 2 or the rubber pieces people put on the bottom of chair legs on the license plate bottom two corners. Stops the rattles

I too have those rattles in my 09 sedan. Mine are coming from the plastic piece behind the rear seats as well as from inside the trunk as well. I am hopefully going to get rid of this problem this weekend using some sound deadening CLD tiles and closed cell foam between the plastic pieces.

I had a buddy hold down the plate and it's defintely not just the plate. But for the plate just use rubber washers on all the screws and that should clear up that problem.

I am using the stuff from Don at Sound Deadener Showdown - Your Source for Sound Deadening Products and Information
    and I really like it. I got a couple of pieces of Dynamat Xtreme for free with a speaker purchase and when comparing the two they are made of the same stuff but the aluminum backing on Don's stuff is a lot thicker as is the adhesive. I used his stuff (and the pieces of Dynamat to fill in spots) when I did all of my doors and am really happy with it.

I'll let you know if I am able to eliminate all of the rattles and I'll list off what I did.

-cb

i solved the problem in my 06 wrx...its kind of a quick/easy/cheap fix. I simply cut some old beach towls into strips and packed all the empty spaces, especially the space between the back seat and back window....it worked like a charm. NO more rattles and the sub sounds alot better too. theres still some rattles if your standing outside the car, but i really dont care about them too much.