PLX DM-100 and DM-200 OBD gauges

This is a discussion on PLX DM-100 and DM-200 OBD gauges within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has anyone used the PLX DM100/DM-200 gauges? I am looking for a review! I probably will not be able to ...

PLX DM-100 and DM-200 OBD gauges

Has anyone used the PLX DM100/DM-200 gauges?

I am looking for a review!

I probably will not be able to afford one soon, but while looking for a simple cheap turbo gauge I came across the complicated PLX DM-100 and DM-200 OBD. They look pretty cool, they come with an oLED display which kinda looks like a LCD screen. You can create your own gauges using your PC, and this thing does everything. Its like the one gauge that does the work of every other existing gauge once you plug it into your OBD II port. The only it will not do is sleep with you. Oh! and it cannot monitor g-forces and racing data, and tire pressure/tire temp.

More info at:
    PLX Devices Inc. - Multi Gauges, Single Gauges, Sensor Modules, Wideband Air Fuel Ratio, Data Logging, Fuel Saving / Scan Tools

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Ya, but on top of the gauge you have to spend $100 each for each of the sensors you the data want to view.

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Ya, but on top of the gauge you have to spend $100 each for each of the sensors you the data want to view.
    Wouldn't the OBD version of these gauges be able to read the data straight from your ECU?

I do suppose for around the same price I could buy a $189 tactrix cable and a cheap $200 netbook, then use Enginuity/RomRaider for Datalogging. Which would cost $389 vs. $400. I would also be able to use the tactrix/netbook setup to run a stage II map from XPT ($77). So for almost around the same price. I would get a digital gauge and extra performance!!!

The only conclusion now is, if the OBD module for the PLX Multi-Gauge could be plugged into a laptop and work with a software that is able to reflash my ecu to the XPT map then I would not need to find a way to mount the netbook to my car and worry about passing track inspections.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    You'd still need the AFR, EGT, Fluid Temp, Oil Pressure, and not sure if the Boost Sensor would be more accurate that what we've got.