Where's the sound?

This is a discussion on Where's the sound? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Looking at putting in new speakers in the 09 rex. Stopped by a shop and they give me a quote ...

Where's the sound?

Looking at putting in new speakers in the 09 rex. Stopped by a shop and they give me a quote for only 6 speakers. Its a premium model and it should have 10 right? I looked around the car and am only finding 6. 4 in the front doors (2 doors speakers and 2 tweeters) 2 rear door speakers.
    Anybody with 10 speaks tell me where im not seeing them?
    Who wants to have some FUN!
    ---Stink-Eye Mob #26---

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Never heard of 10 in a Subaru before.

10 Speakers

Yes, the WRX Premium should come standard with 10 speakers. I bought this up with a dealer during my last oil change. I was told each of the doors holds 2. He didn't know any of the details (typical...) but was able to tell me that under each speaker cover there is "a big one and a little one"

thanks for the info. i'll have to shine some light in there and see if theres two in each. I'll post when/if i figure out the specifics whats in each door.
    Who wants to have some FUN!
    ---Stink-Eye Mob #26---

I was wondering about this as well. I remember thinking the salesman was stupid, I could only find six. That is kind of misleading to call it 10 if they put a two way in the door, it is still only one speaker.

I am replacing the speakers with ESK 165 6.5" Component Speakers and tweeters.

any recommends?