dynamat 09WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on dynamat 09WRX within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 2 front doors with new speakers. Doing the rear doors next week. Took a day to do the driver side ...

dynamat 09WRX

2 front doors with new speakers. Doing the rear doors next week. Took a day to do the driver side and about 2 hours on the passenger side once I figured what I was doing. Sounds a 100 times better even with the stock head unit. Also put in new speakers. Infinity 6022i. Im no audio guy buy the stock equipment sounds like ass! Well worth the $200 for 4 speakers and dynamat.

Last edited by sharkattack; 05-20-2009 at 10:30 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Looks like you did a nice job! Yanked all the plastic in the door I see.

I had mine open and put a few sheets just under the speakers, which was borderline a waste of time though it did help a little. I'm going to have to go back in and completely do all four doors.

Related question, any idea what the dealership gets you for on those little white plastic rivet clips? I consistently lose one each time I pop off the door cards
    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

you should look at removing the rattles from the front doors by removing the white plastic waffle piece and putting a square of dynamat where the plastic meets the door panel.

There is a thread on here if you search for it. Did this on my 09 WRX while installing my system and it made a huge difference. The only problem is you will hear it on the rear doors and will then need to do those to!!
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

Quote Originally Posted by binjoau View Post
    you should look at removing the rattles from the front doors by removing the white plastic waffle piece and putting a square of dynamat where the plastic meets the door panel.

There is a thread on here if you search for it. Did this on my 09 WRX while installing my system and it made a huge difference. The only problem is you will hear it on the rear doors and will then need to do those to!!
    LoL I think I know what thread you're talking about -- it was one I made I just need to get back in there and redo some since I used dynamat, but when I ran out, packing peanuts with duct tape which I think has since decomposed a bit
    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

Popping off the panels?

Were there any special tool required to pop off the door panels? Or do you remove the screws and start prying it away in areas?

Quote Originally Posted by twjs View Post
    Were there any special tool required to pop off the door panels? Or do you remove the screws and start prying it away in areas?
    No special tools. Removed the screws and used a plastic spatula and started from the bottom prying out, popping the plastic clips out. Then lifted up and out. Pretty easy.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.