Hardwire Sirius ???

This is a discussion on Hardwire Sirius ??? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, I am sure there is an existing thread for this, but could not find it. Long story short, I'm ...

Question Hardwire Sirius ???

Hi, I am sure there is an existing thread for this, but could not find it. Long story short, I'm looking to hard wire my Sirius instead of using the cig. lighter. I have a power wire with an in-line fuse that came with the unit. I have an 05 Legacy GT, did the jazzyboard install for my ipod back in 05. Looking for a similar dummy proof install guide / instructions to help me. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Longwould, here's what I did with my '02 wrx:

I first dislodged the stereo unit and pulled it out carefully. In the back of the stereo unit, you should see the positive and negative DC power terminals for the stereo. Be careful and splice the power from both wires. Connect your Sirius terminals to the open splice. You can solder the connections if you want, but you can also just make a tight connection and use electrical tape.

Not sure what type of fuse is used for the head unit (5A probably?) but I don't think you'll draw much more than 300mA for the Sirius head unit. It should be fine.

Not sure if this was the exact method you were looking for to do this, but hope this helps.

Thanks, I'll try it this weekend!

Thanks, I'll try it this weekend!