STi Gauge cluster
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on STi Gauge cluster within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi I was wondering if an STI Gauge cluster will fit into any wrx with any problems? Any info would ...

STi Gauge cluster

Hi I was wondering if an STI Gauge cluster will fit into any wrx with any problems? Any info would be appreciated.
    Thanks, mike.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    All STi/STI clusters are not created equal...what year WRX do you have?

I have an '02, and was advised to go with the '04 STi cluster. It was pretty much plug and go. I had to cut either one or two wires that aren't compatible with my car's electrical setup.

I still have a rear diff temp light that I need to turn off at some point.

If you're talking about a later model WRX, the situation is different.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Yes I have an 06 WRX.

But yea I have heard it either fits right in or you need to find a year that is close to the one you are replacing plug in and go.

Thanks for the feedback, What would you recommend?
    Thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd start here:

STi cluster swap FAQ - can we get one started? - NASIOC

The third post has someone who's done the swap into an '06, using an '05 cluster. Look for someone else who's done it, to confirm. Good luck! I love mine.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

06 wrx

i would also like to know if an STI gauge cluster will work in my 2006WRX. and if it has to be a 06-07 STI.

rayfields i was looking into doing this next since i have just ordered full V7 interior for my NEW (to me) WRX....what was really all involved in this? and can I only use the 04Sti Cluster??

I Support ClubWRX
    What I read at the time would seem to indicate that it is possible to use a later year cluster, but that it's more trouble. There seemed to be more people reporting of nagging issues with those. So I was patient, and waited for an '04 cluster to pop up on eBay.

Yours is an '02, (according to your profile), so it should be just like my install. Getting the old cluster out is easy enough.. remove screws in the top of the bezel, pull it off. Remove screws holding in cluster. Remove 3 electrical connectors in back.

There's one wire that has to be cut on the new cluster, so that a fuse doesn't pop in your car when you power it up. (The stereo fuse, for some reason, was doing this with the first people that tried it) You'll need to research which wire. Search around at Nasioc, the answer's there, because I found it in multiple threads. Install the new cluster just like you did the old one. The only difference that I remember was that the electrical connectors went into the back of the cluster upside-down from how they did in the stock unit. Other than that, you plug it in and go. Bear in mind that your odometer reading will change to whatever's in the new cluster!
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

has anyone seen a difference in speed changes or RPM's. it seems that i am going faster than i am actually going. and for the RPM's i usual shift at 3000 when im just cruising but it seems like the RPM's are to high and im shifting at different speeds now. anyone know of this happening? and i heard that there is a 10% difference in clusters but im not sure about that.
    -04' WRB WRX w/ STI package

I have an '06 WRX and was thinking of doing an '06 STI cluster swap, but problems keep popping up all over the NASIOC page...do we have any sort of experience on clubwrx?
    2006 WRX Limited -Pro-tuned VF-39, STI TMIC, STI factory I/C Sprayer, Throttle body Coolant Bypass, STI Exhaust, SPT Short Ram Intake, SPT Upper Front and Rear Strut Bar, Red Samco Radiator Hoses, STI Trunk, SPT Short Shifter, Aftermarket Rotors, Lamco Turbo Gauge, Catless Downpipe, Hella Supertones, RallyArmor Limited Edition Pink UR Flaps, 35% Tint, Grounding Mod, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, SPT Heat Shield STI Piston Shift Knob!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #430

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeItRoar View Post
    I have an '06 WRX and was thinking of doing an '06 STI cluster swap, but problems keep popping up all over the NASIOC page...do we have any sort of experience on clubwrx?
    get an 04 STi cluster.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.