carputer......

This is a discussion on carputer...... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anyone have or know of a good place to build/buy a good carputer. Here soon, i'm looking to upgrade my ...

carputer......

Anyone have or know of a good place to build/buy a good carputer.

Here soon, i'm looking to upgrade my stock 05 sti's head unit and I was thinking of puting in a carputer. Any ideas????

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

mp3car.com

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    This is really really easy to do. You can actually buy direct plug and play units out there, or you can build your own. I've put several computers in peoples cars. It's easy.

I Support ClubWRX
    I built one for my first WRX. A Via motherboard, with a 12 PS, giving output through my Alpine screen, and taking input from a membrane keyboard mounted on my visor. Worked quite well...but it's one of those mods that after a while seemed a bit pointless. I can do everything that thing was doing now with my Alpine touchscreen HU and my iPhone. :shrug:
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Well what I like about doing a car pc is that you can always upgrade components of the computer or add them. But a head unit once they come out with something new you have to buy a new one.

Cool. Thanks for the input.
    "You like a b*tch with no a**, you aint got sh*t"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf498 View Post
    Well what I like about doing a car pc is that you can always upgrade components of the computer or add them. But a head unit once they come out with something new you have to buy a new one.
    I can relate to what you're saying; I'm a chronic tinkerer. At this point though, I really don't see anything on the market that's "new and groovy" that I have a real use for. My current HU has a touchscreen with customizable background, Bluetooth capability, iPod connection, DVD playback, XM capability, USB capability, Nav capability...

My iPhone adds in Nav, online connection, and a billion apps that I've accumulated for daily use, and I can take it in any of my 3 cars as needed, (as well as my iPod)..

Why do I need a computer again?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon