Gauges
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Gauges within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I didn't know exactly where to post this question, I'm all set on gettin the SPT boost gauge for my ...

Gauges

I didn't know exactly where to post this question, I'm all set on gettin the SPT boost gauge for my 08 Impreza WRX.

My question is: Would I need any other gauges for the setup I'm going to be running? I am going to have my SPT Catback put on, with Perrin up/downpipes-front/rear (4EAT). I know I will need a tune...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    There is no oil pressure gauge from the factory, which is asinine. Get one of them.

If you can do three gauges, look into either an EGT/WBO2 for the third gauge.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Thanks a lot sir.

Where are you thinking of mounting them? I am still debating on getting gauges at this point due to lack of options for mounting on the 08/09

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by spt wrx 2k8 View Post
    I didn't know exactly where to post this question
    Moving to interior mods
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

They've also put a Stop Sale on the SPT guage for an unspecified reason. I installed mine the other day without knowing this, after it was sitting in my room for a month, and it does show small stutter sweeping back off boost. Installs nice, looks pretty good, but the needle could be a little brighter to match the others on the dash.
    '11 WRX Hatch
    Lightning Red

Since the factory clock is bunk, I'm planning on replacing it with a 3 gauge pod. Center in the pod will be... A clock. Autometer makes a 'Clock gauge', so you can tell the time.

Also planning on Boost, oil pressure, WBO2, Pyrometer, and a few other gauges. The WBO2 kit is $450, the Pyrometer is $320, and the others are not quite as expensive.

Registered User Prosport Gauges's Avatar
    Doesnt ATI make a Center Pod. $320 for a EGT gauge

As of yet, the only pods that I have seen for the 08-09 are the Subiegal and steering column mounted. I have not seen any clock/center pods at all. Oh, yeah there is also a single pod for RHD cars only.
    Last edited by kalidas; 03-27-2009 at 11:38 AM.

air./fuel would be a good idea as well

Quote Originally Posted by habitatxskate View Post
    air./fuel would be a good idea as well
    What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Prosport Gauges View Post
    What do you mean?
    I think he means air/fuel ratio

Be careful with what AutoMeter clock you get. The second hand is an option! Our choices are basically the Sport Comp or UltraLight, both of which are "around the dial" lit, the UltraLight requires modding to light at all, and that voids AutoMeter's warranties.

A SportComp looks remarkably like a Cobalt (LED blue backlit) when used with an AutoMeter LED replacement bulb. A compliment of Cobalts works well (looks like OEM)nwith ZPE LED kits for WRX and STi instrument clusters.

My plan is the ATI clock pod w/Aluminum plate, 60mm AutoMeter Clock with Second Hand, Oil Pres. full sweep Cobalt 52mm, and Oil Temp. full-sweep Cobalt 52mm.

So far, I did the AutoMeter Cluster bezel w/ Cobalt 52mm volt full-sweep, and a 30/30hg/psi boost, Autotechnic S7 overlays, Ferreous Industries billet gauge bezel, ZPE LED (blue) needle kit, and replaced the stock radio with a Premier DEH800PRS and all the lil' black boxes it uses to feed itself whatever data (BlueTooth, Satellite, USB and harddrive).

I figure the best bet is to stick with AutoMeter in my case, but there are hundreds of options out there, just not for the freakin' clock!! VDO has one, but it is $400, and has no bezel. I have yet to see a Defi or ProSport model.

I bet you will change your mind once you see our gauges

Quote Originally Posted by Prosport Gauges View Post
    I bet you will change your mind once you see our gauges
    You might have something more attractive... any overlays, or dial stacks? Autotechnic is the only one that has a stack, something I might find a dissappointment, but I'll post pics, and check those ProSports out.

I have trusted AutoMeter for about 10 years now, and have yet to be let down (except for their T-fittings, which are hazardous to any engine, IMO).

See y'all, I'm headin' to ProSport's site.

I am back... the blue/white is cool w/ the silver bezel... PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make a clock!! I am so serious. We are all tired to death of the AutoMeter SportComp and all it's happy LED swaps. If you prefer, we can talk in PMs. I will want to do the whole setup. Clock, EGT, Boost-Vac 30/30, Oil Temp, Oil Press, Trans Temp, Volt, and an AEM UEGO (I know that's irrelevant).

The pods will be the eBay double pillar (it is better than any other and is a cheap $70 painted and shipped), AutoMeter cluster bezel, and ATI clock pod. As this stuff gets installed, I will create how-tos, picture galleries, and install tricks posts, and will have them for you if you would like them.

Later additions will be an analog turbo timer (if I can find one), and an EBC/readout preferably in a cylindrical housing.

(I hope this stuff gives you ideas, I would like a completely complimentary setup)

um, I mean complimentary in the sense that they match each other perfectly, not shipped to me free of charge... rofl

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.