New TOYS!!!!!!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New TOYS!!!!!!!! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi all, Well as I was excited and wanted to share my excitement with people who may actually care! Ive ...

New TOYS!!!!!!!!

Hi all,

Well as I was excited and wanted to share my excitement with people who may actually care!

Ive just purchased the following to be fitted on Tuesday!!!

Pioneer AVHP4100DVD (09 model we only just got in today!)
    JL VR650CXI speakers for the front and rear and a sweet
    JL A4300 4 channel amp!!

All being installed by the guys I work with at an electronics and install store! Im super happy, il post of some pics of the install process if people are interested.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Look forward to seeing pics and getting a review on it.

Thanks, I will take as many pics as possible during the installation process. Im actually interested to see how well the new Pioneer deck performs.

As its a brand new model hopefully there wont be too many kinks.

Il keep you posted

I Support ClubWRX
    Very nice!

+1 on looking forward to the review.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Yeah, I have been tossing the idea of putting something into my 09, so I would really like to know how it preforms.

work should start on monday, tuesday so il have pics up soon.

Oh and it looks like the system has grown to include the new
    JL 3v3w ported sub enclosure and a new JL G4500 amp instead of the older A4300. The main reason being the amp is a brand new model to and the temptation to have something noone else in my city has yet is way too much!

Very cool. It's hard to find info on WRX audio; even though everyone says the stock unit sucks so I assume they're replacing them...
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

any pics

Well work began today, power and ground wires ran into position for the amp. Sadly still wating for the dash kit, so couldnt do much else (we only had an our of free time in the install bay this evening).

It was very easy to find an appropriate route through the fire wall and surprisingly there is more than ample room to run power wire under the lower door sill. We are using 8 gauge but there is enough room for 4 if people require a serious system.

LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of pics to come, I was going to wait till the job is completed but trust me I was very snap happy! Hopefully I can add some later tonight but like a muppet I left the camera in my brothers car.

Just a quick note: I must say a great thanks to Rob, my main installer for the job, not only is he very hard working but seemingly dedicated to do his best work for my vehicle!!!

Thanks mate!!!

Alex

MODERATER!!!

Could you please move this thread to interior mods as it is now turning into a build thread.

Thanks

Alex

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Sure, I was contemplating it anyway.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Thanks!

Okay so here are the first few pics of the install and some of the equipment to be used:

We decided to follow the fuel lines through the firewall as there is a perfectly placed unused rubber plug which can be slit to run the power wire. We decided to locate the fuse holder just above this point for ease of mounting and a simple clean look.

Following the left of the drivers side footwell and down under the side sills was very easy. All the side sills are held with simple clips which can be popped off. There is plenty of space under these sills to run a 4 guage wire although we are only using 8 for this install. There is also some conviently located plastic hooks which will hold the wire in place as to not interfere with the clips as the sill is refitted.

After reaching the back seat the power wire was ran to the passenger side and under the lining of back of the seat. We will be locating the amp on this side so we proceeded to mount the ground wire here also. The ground wire was covered in black rubberised paint to stop any rusting in the future.

Work will continue on tuesday / wednesday when the dash mounting kit arrives and I will add more pics then........

Pictures by binjoau - Photobucket

can i change the thread name to 09 wrx doudle din and stereo install???? is this possible

Any updates? I'd love to see more pics. I actually just ordered the same headunit and next month will be swapping the speakers and adding a sub and amp.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.