Wobbly Rear View Mirror

This is a discussion on Wobbly Rear View Mirror within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an 06 WRX and I recently purchased the auto dimming mirror from an 05 WRX. My question is: ...

Wobbly Rear View Mirror

I have an 06 WRX and I recently purchased the auto dimming mirror from an 05 WRX.

My question is: Are the window mounts different between the 2 WRXs? I installed the Auto Dimmer and its all wobbly, any lateral movement and it is about to fall off. When I attach my original mirror in the same fashion its solid. Could the mount on the mirror just be messed up? or are the mounts on the windshield different?

TIA

Victor C.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Eh easy, fix I suppose, I ordered a new tension spring from the stealership. $7 for a piece of coat hanger haha, but it helped.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    OT: was it an easy installation for the mirror? do you have a link to a DIY you used?

i've been thinking about this for a while but never pursued the research on installation

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    OT: was it an easy installation for the mirror? do you have a link to a DIY you used?

i've been thinking about this for a while but never pursued the research on installation
    Yea definitely easy.

DIY link: http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/ins...19.html?t=8819

There's a whole bunch of mirrors featured on that as well as a pdf of instructions for autodim/compass as well as homelink.

The hardest part was probably feeding the harness thru the headliner haha and in my case, having my mirror stay on.

it's helpful, thanks !