Airbag light and aftermarket seats?

This is a discussion on Airbag light and aftermarket seats? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I searched and I couldnt find any decent information but I want to know what can I do about the ...

Airbag light and aftermarket seats?

I searched and I couldnt find any decent information but I want to know what can I do about the air bag and weight sensor in the seats if i want to replace them with some light weight aftermarket seats. Is there anyway to get around the airbag light being on? Im sure you could wire up some sort of switch for the passenger seat sensor. I just know the factory seats are 50 lbs each and Id like to do some weight reduction.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkay2001 View Post
    I searched and I couldnt find any decent information but I want to know what can I do about the air bag and weight sensor in the seats if i want to replace them with some light weight aftermarket seats. Is there anyway to get around the airbag light being on? Im sure you could wire up some sort of switch for the passenger seat sensor. I just know the factory seats are 50 lbs each and Id like to do some weight reduction.
    you can get around the sensor... just find out if the sensor is an on or off switch... if there is no pressure and it doesn't send electricity, then you'll be fine.. if there is no pressure and it sends electricity, then wire them together. I don't know where you could find that out online, but I do know that you could test the wire's voltage while there is pressure, and no pressure to be able to figure that out.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I imagine its not that easy to get around disconnected the side air bags in the seats? Im sure that will probably disable the whole airbag system.

I am pretty sure all you need is a 3ohm resistor. I have a few pm if you are interested. Search on scoobymods.com there is a good tutorial on there