Turbo timer - necessary or not? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Turbo timer - necessary or not? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Livinloud7 no turbo timer is necessary. stock wrx's have scroll turbo's. turbo timers are not needed until ...

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Livinloud7 View Post
    no turbo timer is necessary. stock wrx's have scroll turbo's. turbo timers are not needed until you upgrade to a ballbearing turbo and run hi psi. your turbo is self-oiled and will be just fine. don't waste your money, also a turbo timer will void any warranty you have.
    Every single sentence in your post contains an error.

Quote Originally Posted by DDSubie05STI View Post
    so if I just bought an STI and it's got an upgraded turbo ie: an APS SR 57 ballbearing turbo, I should look into a turbo timer?
    APS turbos are oil and water cooled, so no.

I haven't seen a single oil-only cooled aftermarket turbo for Imprezas that would benefit from a turbo timer being sold in +5 years. They used to have them, but not anymore.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Every single sentence in your post contains an error.
    You never cease to amaze brfatal
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Buck View Post
    You never cease to amaze brfatal
    Suck his wiener why don't you...
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Suck his wiener why don't you...
    I'v tried but he's just so cool he wont let me...
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Buck View Post
    I'v tried but he's just so cool he wont let me...
    Don't blame me. My gf is the one saying no.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Don't blame me. My gf is the one saying no.

Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post

Hey iv got a 02 wrx stock turbo with tune and the guy who had the car before me put a HKS type 1 turbo timer into the car so do u think i should use it to turn off the car? I let it sit and run after driving back and forth from school( a 230 mile trip) for 3 minutes. But i never let it run after a short trip like 10 miles do you think i should let it run for 30 sek or so just to help cool off? The car has 155k on it and a rebuilt turbo( or that's what the previous owner said) just wanted to see what yall think i haven't been into turbos for to long so i need some help.

Probably better to start your own thread on questions like this, you'll get more responses. You'll hear the same thing though...timers are not needed for our cars, the turbos are water cooled. Utilize the search feature and you'll find a lot of the common question are asked and answered here
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    Turbo timer = A cool way to show off to your teenage buddies how bad-ass your car is "Look dudes, my turbo generates so much heat it has to run even after I take the keys out of the ignition!!" I see those D-bags going into the mall all the time..... looking around to see if anyone is watching them - LOL

They'll rev the engine when they park to set off the BOV....... look and see if anyone is watching......Then.... they'll stand outside.... and wait for the car to shut off..... and then set the alarm - LOL

WTF??? Duhhhh - LOL

On a water-cooled turbo.... it just isn't necessary.... at all. In fact, it's silly.

The only time I've EVER worried about excessive heat.... was after a grueling 20-minute lap battle session at full throttle/full boost..... in 90+ degree heat.

By the time I pulled into the pit lane after the session was over, my pre intercooler temps (coming right off the turbo) were already back to normal in less than 1 minute.
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.