Painting The Silver Dash - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Painting The Silver Dash within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; That looks cool. I've never seen that before....

I Support ClubWRX
    That looks cool. I've never seen that before.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Just came across this thread. I did this same mod to my bugeye a few days ago. I used Krylon Fusion satin black. I did probably 6 or 7 coats. I absolutely love the way it turned out. I suggest this to everyone. It looks so mean, especially on a black car. Next is painting the wheels
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman View Post
    Just came across this thread. I did this same mod to my bugeye a few days ago. I used Krylon Fusion satin black. I did probably 6 or 7 coats. I absolutely love the way it turned out. I suggest this to everyone. It looks so mean, especially on a black car. Next is painting the wheels
    yea, the interior on mine also came out very nicely if I say so... but wheels man stay away from it! lol unless you can get the tire off the wheel, sandblast the thing down, and make sure the lip is painted real well....it's gonna chip and crack and look like crap. I wish i would have spent the $ for powder coating. That's next. That looks real sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    yea, the interior on mine also came out very nicely if I say so... but wheels man stay away from it! lol unless you can get the tire off the wheel, sandblast the thing down, and make sure the lip is painted real well....it's gonna chip and crack and look like crap. I wish i would have spent the $ for powder coating. That's next. That looks real sick.
    Ya. Well as of now its between powdercoating my wheels or getting a dyno tune. And i really want my wheels black. So my plan was to paint them really well, clear coat them, and when they get too bad i'll get them powder coated. Until then, dyno tune here i come
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Wrinklechops
    Ya. Well as of now its between powdercoating my wheels or getting a dyno tune. And i really want my wheels black. So my plan was to paint them really well, clear coat them, and when they get too bad i'll get them powder coated. Until then, dyno tune here i come
    You'll be a lot happier with a pro tune

That was my thought too. But now i may have found a place to do all 4 wheels for a little over $100. So i may get both
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Wrinklechops
    That was my thought too. But now i may have found a place to do all 4 wheels for a little over $100. So i may get both
    No way, that's awesome! Here it's $100/per wheel

No way, that's awesome! Here it's $100/per wheel
    Thats what i thought too. But a guy i work with gave me the name of a place in denver that does good work for cheap. He had used them a couple times with a good outcome. Im calling tomorow for a more definite quote. Since your in the Denver area the name of the place is Road Runner Powder Coating. Its off of 58th Ave
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Wrinklechops
    Thats what i thought too. But a guy i work with gave me the name of a place in denver that does good work for cheap. He had used them a couple times with a good outcome. Im calling tomorow for a more definite quote. Since your in the Denver area the name of the place is Road Runner Powder Coating. Its off of 58th Ave
    Oh no kidding! Are you not in CO? Are you going to ship them to him or something? Road Runner huh, I'll check them out, that's too awesome!

sorry i just realized i made that sound like i lived somewhere else. Yes i am in CO. The Ft Collins area. If the price is as good as im hoping i'll probably just drive my car down there and leave it with them for a couple days since i dont have any other wheels and tires to put it on and dont really want to leave it on jack stands in my garage.
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Wrinklechops
    sorry i just realized i made that sound like i lived somewhere else. Yes i am in CO. The Ft Collins area. If the price is as good as im hoping i'll probably just drive my car down there and leave it with them for a couple days since i dont have any other wheels and tires to put it on and dont really want to leave it on jack stands in my garage.
    for shizzle. lol let me know how it goes, I may have to do the same thing. maybe he'd do a double deal price? haha i'll call and ask

well turns out the guy i work with was quite a bit off. They told me 60 a wheel which still isn't bad
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Wrinklechops
    well turns out the guy i work with was quite a bit off. They told me 60 a wheel which still isn't bad
    haha funny, they told me the same thing. I just called a bit ago. Bet the guy figured one of us was double checking on the quote

2 weeks downtime though... I need to find another ride lol

ya i cant leave my car with them for 2 weeks. I'd probably die without it. Even though i have another car to drive im addicted to my car. Well looks like paint is back in the picture
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh no kidding! Are you not in CO? Are you going to ship them to him or something? Road Runner huh, I'll check them out, that's too awesome!
    Small freakin world...

I know the owner of Road Runner. He's good buddies with my dad, and my brother was a welder there one summer during college.

We've gone to see the owner of Road Runner compete in his race car. Pretty cool stuff!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast