Programming Homelink Mirror

This is a discussion on Programming Homelink Mirror within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So, I'm a new owner of an 06 STI, the car has recently had an autodimming, homelink capable Rearview installed, ...

Programming Homelink Mirror

So,

I'm a new owner of an 06 STI, the car has recently had an autodimming, homelink capable Rearview installed, but the only problem is the Owners manual that i've looked at online from Subaru doesnt give any insight into programming the homelink correctly.

Can someone steer me in the right direction as to getting this configured properly?

Thanks in Advance

PS: I tried to search, not sure this is the right place.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Homelink mirror

I have the same mirror for an 09 wrx. I'm gonna assume it is the same function on how to program it. I went through the instructions and havent been able to get it to work. What worked for me was holding down the outer two homelink buttons for about 20-30 seconds until the light blinks. then holding the original opener and the button i wanted to set for a few seconds. this always resulted in the mirror button blinking rapidly then not opening the garage. finally I went to the garage door motor and pressed the reset/learn button which on the two I set was located above the antenna wire. After the door motor light was blinking, I pressed the button I wanted to set, 2-4 times and then it finally worked. Hope this helps, if this is what you already tried, my dealer said if I couldnt get it to work, they would set it up for me for free. So you could check that too.