AFTERMARKET SPEAKERS for 2002 WRX

This is a discussion on AFTERMARKET SPEAKERS for 2002 WRX within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; What speakers do you suggest? I'm not looking to spend a lot of money. I just want some good speakers ...

AFTERMARKET SPEAKERS for 2002 WRX

What speakers do you suggest? I'm not looking to spend a lot of money. I just want some good speakers as i've just gone out and brought a Indash system for my car.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    pottsy

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I am guessing that your Indash system is an aftermarket deck. As for speakers everyone has their own fav's. I love my 6 1/2in boston acoustic rally series components but they are around 300$ a pair and have to be custom cut to fit in the rear doors as the rear speakers are smaller than the fronts. Go to an audio store and listen to different speakers that will fit in ur car and go with which sounds best for your price range. Keep in mind that an amp powering them will definately provide more volume and clairity to any speaker as well and many stereo shops will have their displayed speakers hooked up to amplifiers that put out more power/clarity than most decks. "Generally" you pay for what u get...

Thank you very much. I will certainly do that. Yeah ive just got a Pioneer Avic N4 so i figured i might as well go all the way and have a half decent system as the stock speakers in my car are about ready to go.

Thanks again for your help.

Best,

Tommy.
    pottsy

Worrrrrd, good luck and let me know what set up u end up with. PM me if u want to know more about my setup or have any other questions... once u get the speakers, ur going to want an amp to throw at them! and than maybe a sub

one more thing... look at watt outtage rms not peak and ask them what kind of deal u can get if u consider an amp for them as some places will give good deals if u buy a bunch of stuf at the same time

Excellent, Thank you. I do actually have the hook ups in my trunk for a sub from the previous owner, but im not convinced yet. lol. I'm figuring to a degree it would be extra weight in the trunk that i dont need but we'll see. lol.
    pottsy