STi Sub woofer kit
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on STi Sub woofer kit within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Is the STi Suberwoofer/amp kit for 0 worth it? I know the sub is only 5.5" but mounts under the ...

STi Sub woofer kit

Is the STi Suberwoofer/amp kit for $180 worth it? I know the sub is only 5.5" but mounts under the passenger seat. I def do not want a system that rattles my trunk but I do want to be able to feel the bass which I cannot at the moment with stock speakers. Is this going to help me out at all? I want some thump!

Any idea?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Will you like it?

It depends on your expectations and taste. If you like to listen to hip-hop loudly, you might be disappointed. But if you listen to Beatles and most other rock, it'd be fine. I had the one under the pass seat in my '03, and I have the one under the driver's seat in my current '06 with the stock head unit. I like it. I had to play around with the settings on the SW to balance and blend it with the door speakers to my taste, and that took a little doing, but, like I said, it works for me. I have the upgraded oe door speakers. Someday I'd like to upgrade those, perhaps.

I was going to invest in the OEM sub woofer but many folks on here don't recommend it. You are much better upgrading your head unit and keeping the current OEM speakers. Apparently the speakers are good, the head unit is weak. They sound a lot better with a aftermarket head unit with more power.
    2012 Lightning Red WRX
    Sold: 2006 Sti
    Sold: 07 335i coupe Monaco Blue

Depending on the year, the speakers were upgraded i think yet i've not heard them. my buddies 03 and 04 wrx's w/the in dash 6 cd changer sounded poor like my 06 wrx tr did w/the single cd deck. Stereo quality and upgrading is just like modding parts on ur car. IMHO, the stock speakers in the WRX's i've been around are very poor/small and cannot handle much power. Subaru didn't put too much effort into the sound systems in these cars unless u got the upgraded stereo package on a newer WRX IMO and even those lack what aftermarket quality can buy. The stock deck doesn't throw out that much power or clarity so they seem to go in hand in hand w/the speaker quality.

I replaced the deck, I replaced all 4 speakers, I threw a 4 channel amp at the speakers, I threw an easily removeable closed sub box w/3 10in subs in the trunk, and of course a big amp at that. Upgrading your stereo can be just as addicting as modding ur car and what u want in the end. It all depends on what u want. What EXACTLY are u looking for?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.