Gauge Cluster

This is a discussion on Gauge Cluster within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well a while ago i posted on how the idiot before me broke the tach on my gauge cluster. He ...

Gauge Cluster

Well a while ago i posted on how the idiot before me broke the tach on my gauge cluster. He put aftermarket gauge covers on them and pushed down on the tach needle too hard and it made the needle sticky and not accurate at all. I have tried everything i can to make the gauge work properly and it just will not work. So my question is: What year wrx gauge cluster will just plug and play into my 02 wrx? A sti cluster is out of the picture because i dont have that much money to drop on this. I am looking for one to buy and was just wondering if i have to limit my search to specific years. Thanks for all answers

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

my friend put afer market guage cluster in his old focus before and it did the same thing. I think it was because the hole was too small where the needle would come threw at and his needle would jump every so often up to around the correct speed. It would jump maybe every 5-10 mph. Do you have the same problem or doesnt it move at all?
    Blobeye Syndicate #43

No i actually took them out because they had stopped working. So after i took them out the tachometer still does it even with the stock faces on it. And it jumps and is really inaccurate from 1-4k rpms and then doesn't even work at all from 4-8k.. I have already came to the conclusion that it is broken and dont really care anymore. I just need to know if all Wrx clusters will plug and play. I know the sti ones wont but i dont really care lol.

In the middle of a corn field somewhere in Illinois
    You can't find a 02-03 gauge cluster? I would check nasioc and see if you could find someone who has swapped out their bugeyes gauge cluster for an sti piece.
    OBP 2005 Wrx - Big 16g

i know the 04 swaps over fine. i have an 04 in my 02 wrx. want my old one?

How many miles are on it?

65k+ or so. don't remember. i had the 04 programmed with the correct mileage and this one is just chillin in the garage. won't know the actual miles until its plugged in again

hey before you buy a new cluster try pulling the small metal piece that goes into the needle and the cluster. then just put the metal piece into the cluster without the pointer needle on it. use needle nose pliers. then after you push that down until it stops or makes a clicking noise put the indacator back on to where it needs to be.. i took all mine off to sand down the back of the plastic thing with the numbers on it so i could change my color for the gauges. i also had problem with some not working and i did what i said above and they work now.. hopfully this helps

Thanks for the tips on taking that apart. I did all of that and it didn't rlly work. It made it worse if it did anything lol im still searching for another cluster. I think i found a 04 for 50 bucks so i might do that. The tach in the middle will be nice. Or if anyone else has one up for sale that is around that price range let me know.

how did it make it worse? what worse then not working? lol

Spending an hour trying to fix it and it still is broken lol
    Blobeye Syndicate #43