Passenger Window

This is a discussion on Passenger Window within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just got my 2003 wrx back from the mechanic (had to replace the turbo) and now my front passenger ...

Passenger Window

I just got my 2003 wrx back from the mechanic (had to replace the turbo) and now my front passenger window will not roll up. I can roll it down from both the driver and passenger switches, but it will not roll up.

I did some searching and I read that replacing the switch worked for some people, but I am not sure if the switch is the issue as the other 3 windows work fine from my driver's side switch.

Does anybody have some insight on what the issue may be? I am trying to not have to take it back to the mechanic as he can take awhile to get the car back. If it is an easy fix, I will just do it myself.

Also, on a side note, I have a Clifford alarm system that automatically rolls the windows up when I engage the alarm and the passenger window rolls up fine when I arm it.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Question yep

i have the same problem in my 02. The passengers can roll there windows down but not up. Very frustrating to hear "i'm cold" after they do not learn its broken and i have to roll it up from driver side.
    "they call me tq. too quick"

the exact same thing has been happening to lately, ive got an 02 hatch. im gonna open up the door trim soon and check it out.

if its a common switch problem can any one let me know.

also the locks are playing up on the front doors??? they dont respond to the key or the remote and u cant manually move the lock switch inside the car?? anyone know why before i pull my car apart