carbon fiber hood in winter conditions
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on carbon fiber hood in winter conditions within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i just bought a seibon cw-ii carbon fiber hood for my car. i hit a deer and payed a lil ...

carbon fiber hood in winter conditions

i just bought a seibon cw-ii carbon fiber hood for my car. i hit a deer and payed a lil extra to get it. i still have the stock hood on because it took a while to come in and the stock one is hardly dented. a couple of my friends told me that their buddies that have carbon hoods and do not keep them on in the winter because they crack easy and the sault eats the finish. what you think i am just lookin for more input.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Why would it eat the finish it sould have a clearcoat on it like you paint I would think. I had one on my civic before I upgraded to a 06 WRX and never had a prob. You also can wax it and the rest of your car. should be no big deal. if your scared you can give it to me i'll put on my car if it's an 06

All of seibon's hoods have a clear coat. You should be fine, just make sure you keep your carbon hood waxed on a regular basis with a high quality, clear coat-safe wax.

well the stock evo wings are made of cf and they have endless problems such as clear coat coming off, cracking, and further damaging. so i wouldnt look past it, as stated make sure you keep your cf hood maintained...

Sick parts = more maintenance
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

i had a siebon cf hood on mine for majority of this winter. it snowed a bunch but i believe washington state doesnt use salt on the roads. clear coat will protect against salt. cold does not cause cf to crack from my experiences
    2005 WRX Wagon stg 1 - 3/12 to present
    1996 BMW 328is coupe - 5/11 to present

02 WRX wagon stg 2 - history

WTB: Cobb Accessport ap-sub-001 for 2005 WRX

nothing wrong with mine had it on all winter
    Blobeye Syndicate #004

If you are so scared find someone to add clearcoat to it. It shouldn't take much to do maybe wetsand to roughen the surface and spray on acouple of coats. get a professional of coarse. or as i said before give it to me if it's a 06

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.