Urgent help needed
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Urgent help needed within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; OK seriously this is getting overboard now. How do I get the kartboy knob in the socket? I have tried ...

Urgent help needed

OK seriously this is getting overboard now.

How do I get the kartboy knob in the socket? I have tried EVERYTHING!!

I am not going to bother trying to use force because its not going to work.

I need to remove the c clamp and I dont know how. If any one can describe to me where I can locate it that would be awesome.

Thanks!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Seriously, you have to go to Lowes or something and get the heaviest plastic-coated mallet you can find. Then give it a few big wacks. Might take more than one...

This was the only way to get my ss in the white plastic socket.

It was a major pain in the ass!
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    Seriously, you have to go to Lowes or something and get the heaviest plastic-coated mallet you can find. Then give it a few big wacks. Might take more than one...

This was the only way to get my ss in the white plastic socket.

It was a major pain in the ass!
    +1 It does take a bit of coercion to get that sucker back in.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

Cool thanks!

Everyone is saying the same thing so I will have to pick up a massive rubber hammer and go to town.

Cheers!

A rubber mallet is what I used...took 3 good wacks. Be sure you liberally coat the ball of the shifter with lithium grease too.
    Movn' on up to an '06 WRX
    Vf-39 all the way!

Love to build 'em, just to ship 'em out and start all over!

I got friends in cyberspace, so I must be cool, right?
    Facebook / Myspace

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.