Interior floor lighting
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Interior floor lighting within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I noticed my interior is incredibly dark at night. To the point that I can't see anything other than ...

Cool Interior floor lighting

So I noticed my interior is incredibly dark at night. To the point that I can't see anything other than my dash lights. Of makes my eyes have to focus in and out more while night driving. I was wondering if anyone knew the best way to install lighting on the floor? As in by the pedals, under the glove compartment and behind both seats. This would be incredible thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

floor lighting

in the past, it was a little fan boy, but on previous vehicles I placed light bars just under the dash and under the seats.

Initially I had them plugged into the cig lighter but later I hardwired them into a constant 12V with a switch. I would jsut it as a flare piece on dates but it made a decent lighting for night.

The best thing to do would be to hook it into the same wiring as the dome light. a constant 12V power that would activate when you open the doors. It might take a bit of wiring thou.

Maybe a project when the weather gets a little warmer.

i used some red led adhesive strips (about 15 led's a piece) in either footwell. I hard wired them so they come on when the headlights are on.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxizmylyfe View Post
    So I noticed my interior is incredibly dark at night. To the point that I can't see anything other than my dash lights. Of makes my eyes have to focus in and out more while night driving. I was wondering if anyone knew the best way to install lighting on the floor? As in by the pedals, under the glove compartment and behind both seats. This would be incredible thank you!

You want the interior as dark as possible while driving so that your eyes are dilated. Have you tried just dimming the dash lights?
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

the red is good at night because it is easy on the eyes.

Thats the greatest thing you can do. Dim your light on the dash. I always do, i cant really focus on the road much with the bright ass dash.

But if your looking for a sleek looking interior them the led lights would do good.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.